Release issue with thumping the thumb hole!

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
onebigtwister
THS Average: 233
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/16 over 1 5/8 up
Speed: 16

Release issue with thumping the thumb hole!

Post by onebigtwister »

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have developed a release issue that I can't seem to fix. I am thumping everything, no matter what ball or how its drilled. I have videoed myself and my elbow remains tucked (not chickenwinged) during the swing but my wrist/hand falls to the inside kind of like a fuller roller. I still collapse the wrist like most twisters do, but now its at the wrong position and starts out thumping on the thumb. I just can't seem to stay under it long enough before the collapse.

I used to have a decent callous on the bottom of the index finger (palmside), but now I have ZERO callous. Must be something to this! I am posting a video, its not the greatest but maybe enough to help you diagnose the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciate, thanks!

onebigtwister

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Release issue with thumping the thumb hole!

Post by Mo Pinel »

onebigtwister wrote:Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have developed a release issue that I can't seem to fix. I am thumping everything, no matter what ball or how its drilled. I have videoed myself and my elbow remains tucked (not chickenwinged) during the swing but my wrist/hand falls to the inside kind of like a fuller roller. I still collapse the wrist like most twisters do, but now its at the wrong position and starts out thumping on the thumb. I just can't seem to stay under it long enough before the collapse.

I used to have a decent callous on the bottom of the index finger (palmside), but now I have ZERO callous. Must be something to this! I am posting a video, its not the greatest but maybe enough to help you diagnose the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciate, thanks!

onebigtwister

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
I gave you a suggestion on the phone when you called me. What was the result?
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)