Position of rear leg during next to last step & slide

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
GBuck

Position of rear leg during next to last step & slide

Post by GBuck »

Hi Mo,

One subject from the Maryland seminar I am still not 100% clear on is the rear leg during slide. I remember (I thought I remembered) you saying that you dont push off that leg, there should be a abdominal crunch as you bring the rear leg up, but I have a hard time visualizing it. When I try to simulate it, my upper body comes up. Could you explain that once more? Also as far as the hand setup in the stance, to work the inside of the ball, I should keep my wrist straight (no cup), ball touching body and turn the hand in whereas the pinky should be facing around 7:00 on the clock?

Thanks,

Glenn
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Position of rear leg during next to last step & slide

Post by Mo Pinel »

GBuck wrote:Hi Mo,

One subject from the Maryland seminar I am still not 100% clear on is the rear leg during slide. I remember (I thought I remembered) you saying that you dont push off that leg, there should be a abdominal crunch as you bring the rear leg up, but I have a hard time visualizing it. When I try to simulate it, my upper body comes up. Could you explain that once more? Also as far as the hand setup in the stance, to work the inside of the ball, I should keep my wrist straight (no cup), ball touching body and turn the hand in whereas the pinky should be facing around 7:00 on the clock?

Thanks,

Glenn

Your hand position assessment is accurate. Both those issues, the controlled abdominal crunch and the starting hand positions are discussed in the "See It, Feel It, Do It" manual. It OK if your body comes with the trail leg as long as you maintain the posture of the tuck. The object it to get complete weight transfer to the left side for right handers. Look at Jamie in the video. Mike D can help you with this.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)