Vid for staying on inside of swing topic - solution?

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
MattCosta7
THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Mania 40* x 4.25" x 30* P3.5 1000 Sia
Medium Oil Ball: Evil Siege 45 x 4 x 35* 2000
Light Oil Ball: Cherry Vibe 50* x 4.5" x 45* P2 4000 + FF + Extender
Preferred Company: MoRich, Hammer, Roto, Bruns

Vid for staying on inside of swing topic - solution?

Post by MattCosta7 »

[youtube][/youtube]

I had a bit of a solution tonight in an alteration to my pushaway. Using the video, i discovered that my pushaway traveled about 6" to the right of my body, causing my thumb to rotate counter-clockwise through the backswing. By pushing away across my body alittle (or so I felt it), my pushaway is much straighter, and the major benefit is that my hand is much more behind and inside the ball through the backswing. I still am turning it early, but I'm fairly confident that I can work that out with more practice.

Other things I need to improve per my assessment:
1) More knee bend through the slide
2) Drop right shoulder alittle while the ball is between my legs on the downswing. This will allow a much straighter path during that time, instead of being manueverd by my shoulders turning.

Both of these will allow me to increase my "flat spot" while allowing me to get the ball onto the lane much smoother

If you see anything else, feel free to point it out. I get very little coaching in the area, and any assistance is always greatly appreciated. I know members cannot post in this section, so please send a PM with any advice