dealing with hooking heads ?

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Six Pack
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: 5x0
Speed: 16-19
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: track phenom
Medium Oil Ball: several-Intanse inferno,ogre ss,ogre pearl,widow venom
Light Oil Ball: black hammer urethane
Preferred Company: any?

dealing with hooking heads ?

Post by Six Pack »

I've been bowling in this one house for many years and it's always frustrateing for me due to the hooking heads. they are older Brunswick synthetic and it's just a med oil blended house shot. I've tried many different balls,layouts,surface prep,lofting,speed,lines,etc. so I've been watching other bowlers that do well on this shot and noticed a few things.either they have way more axis rotation and less revs or they track really high.I've tried more axis rotation but that just makes my ball react way to much on the backend so I tried to raise my track higher and it worked well but...?
by trying to raise my track I try to release a back up ball,the ball will track real high for me,so much so that it clips the thumb hole.this is something I want to work on for my game but it causes pain in my wrist so it there a layout or grip that would help me raise my track?

Haven't contacted my p-s operator for grip specs yet but most info is in my profile.
Last edited by Six Pack on February 13th, 2010, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: dealing with hooking heads ?

Post by Mo Pinel »

Six Pack wrote:I've been bowling in this one house for many years and it's always frustrateing for me due to the hooking heads. they are older Brunswick synthetic and it's just a med oil blended house shot. I've tried many different balls,layouts,surface prep,lofting,speed,lines,etc. so I've been watching other bowlers that do well on this shot and noticed a few things.either they have way more axis rotation and less revs or they track really high.I've tried more axis rotation but that just makes my ball react way to much on the backend so I tried to raise my track higher and it worked well but...?
by trying to raise my track I try to release a back up ball,the ball will track real high for me,so much so that it clips the thumb hole.this is something I want to work on for my game but it causes pain in my wrist so it there a layout or grip that would help me raise my track?
I prefer a lower track but with more reverse in the fingers. Let me know your grip specs and your Axis rotation and tilt and your PAP and I'll give you a suggestion for your grip and layout.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)