My video for your critique

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Phonetek
Preferred Company: Hammer

My video for your critique

Post by Phonetek »

I've tried to get the best angles I could at the time for a good video so you can see as much as possible. Sadly I didn't get one for actual ball reaction. This should be a good start though. The side view is not the best because of the ball return and I had bowlers on another lane so I'm a bit cutoff, I did the best I could. I'm open to any and all suggestions to improve my game.

Note: Oh and my son insisted that I included the spare pickup you'll see. Unfortunately he took it at the wrong orientation so the video is squished. The things you do for your kids. Anyway, some info I already got elsewhere was lack of knee continuation and I'm hitting up on the ball. Thank you in advance for yours.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: My video for your critique

Post by JMerrell »

I moved your response to the General Bowling Forum for exposure to the entire community.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: My video for your critique

Post by JMerrell »

Side view video unusable.

Back view:
1) Your first step in B2 needs to be in front of your left foot. Much like walking on the balance beam in gymnastics.

2) Personally, I would prefer to see the hand behind the ball in B3. Your system will not support this hand position throughout the swing. Your hand moves on the outside of the ball halfway down from the top.

3) Hard to see in this video but hand appears to be somewhat on top of the ball in B5.

4) Looks as though you stand up through release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"