Latest videos from a lesson I had

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Smiley1994

Latest videos from a lesson I had

Post by Smiley1994 »

Here are 4 videos after a lesson I took.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Latest videos from a lesson I had

Post by TonyPR »

Good to see you sliding, that’s an improvement, make sure you always end up close to the foul line.

On the video analysis by Bill Hall he focused on learning to have no gap between the ball side arm and body, keep working on that as this will take time and is essential for accuracy.

I haven’t addressed your release (going around the ball) just yet as I first want to make sure your approach is solid. Once you are doing the first drill I described on the other thread correctly and consistently I will show you a release drill.

One thing we need to work on is getting that spine angle forward on your last two steps so your body leads the forward thrust and as a result you will create lag and your backswing will be higher (because of the forward spine tilt). Since you bowled one handed before your spine angle is like a one handed bowler, this is something that creeps back into my game every now and then because of the same reason. Think fouling with your head. I recommend a drill on the other thread to help you with this.
(Edited: very important, that trail leg needs to get off the ground, you won’t be able to achieve the spine tilt you need with the leg on the ground)

Have your coach look at these threads about your game. If he could join BowlingChat it would be even better so that he could explain what he is working on at the moment. This will avoid confusion and maybe open up a dialogue to work together.

Keep practicing, it’s great to see people dedicated to improve.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

John, thanks for sharing your videos and baring your bowling soul as it were.
I just watched this after watching Bill Hall's analysis.

Of special note to me were his stressing the footwork, that seems a common area of focus by coaches. Very logical.
Next, his point about the elbow driving the hand through the ball, goal being hand through not around.
In the latest edition of Bowlers Journal, Bill Spigner listed 17 tips by 17 Coachs.
Del Warren offered this great phrase which easily translates into imagery.
In essence, the bowling swing should resemble a ferris wheel and not a merry go round.
Many get on the merry go round because of footwork and timing, then add going around the ball to make it hook.
As mentioned, focus on the footwork and body angle and elements of the swing.
The very last thing to concern yourself with will be the release. As Mark Baker says, the release is like the center piece of a jigsaw puzzle, you do not start there.

Also, physical fitness is even more important with this style. The earlier you start the better.
I was a workaholic and never found time to exercise, or at least that was my excuse.
Don't ignore a fitness regimen.

Best of luck.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

kajmk it’s great to hear from you, you haven’t posted in a while, I hope you’re doing well. That Del Warren analogy about the ferris wheel illustrates it in a funny but easy to visualize it way, thank you for that, I am going to use it with the kids.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
spr3wr
Certified Coach
Certified Coach

Post by spr3wr »

Here is 2 articles from Joe Slowinski- http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/sto ... drills.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/sto ... handed.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and a video

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps
None active - USBC Bronze level coach
Dick Ritger level 1 coach
2 300 games
1 800 series
High average 223
Coaching with pros in clinics since 2004