Looking for assistance

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
brich
Preferred Company: Storm

Looking for assistance

Post by brich »

I haven't followed your guidelines for posting exactly as I should but was hoping you could take a quick look anyway. Have be trying to incorprate lateral tilt into my game. Have managed to introduce tilt early, not such if it's considered excessive. But most if not all tilt is gone by the time I begin my slide. Slowed approach speed hoping I could get into position easier. I would welcome anyone's suggestions and comments. Thank you in advance

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Looking for assistance

Post by TonyPR »

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ence_video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Start with finish position drill(week 4) and don't move on to the next drill until you master this one, it may take a couple of weeks. Don't do a full approach in practice and only do so if/when you bowl league. As boring as they may seem, drills are the fastest most effective way to improve and if you do a full approach you will only return to doing it the way you have always done as your brain will execute automatically, we are trying to reprogram what it does automatically by doing the drills. Have someone video you doing the drills (preferably a coach) and make sure you are doing them correct as practice does not make perfect, practice makes PERMANENT, and if you are doing them wrong you could be making the mistake permanent and harder to correct the more repetitions you do, we are going for quality not quantity. After you have mastered the finish drill then you can move on to the swing and slide drill. Forget about scoring when practicing and doing drills, if you can have the scoreboard turned off even better, focus on your technique. If you want you can post videos of your progress and we will help. Hope this helps.

Last bumped by brich on March 16th, 2017, 6:53 pm.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent