Tournament problem & how a player is to express feeling??

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Kiani
Preferred Company: 900Global

Tournament problem & how a player is to express feeling??

Post by Kiani »

Dear All

I hope that you are all fine and well and wishing you the best always.

Kindly note that there are few points that I really need for you to clarify it is important because there is a huge dispute and I need all of your expert opinions in this regard:

1- A tournament of 40 bowlers, a player keeps on shouting and screaming and expressing his feelings (not verbally just as mentioned above) after his shot, is this legal? or does this go under rule 17b of USBC?? is he allowed to scream or shout from time to time in a tournament??

2- a bowler in the same tournament throws his ball so hard that at the foul line he can not control himself and puts his right let (for balance after his release) to the side of the lane (the small corridor usually left of line 1 and right of the last lane) is that foul or not?

I really need your help in this regard to clarify this once and for all.

I thank you for your kind attention and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
H.A.Kiani
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Tournament problem & how a player is to express feeling?

Post by TonyPR »

I believe that for 1 you will need to prove that his shouting was offensive to someone so I believe that it will not hold and therefore one can shout as long as it's not foul language or offensive to others.

2 If the player's balance leg goes beyond the foul line of an adjacent lane or an imaginary line in the corridor that would be a continuation of the lane's foul line then yes it's a foul. I have seen a right hand bowler commit a foul by crossing the foul line with her balance leg of the lane immediately left of the one she was bowling at.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent