Bowler profile record

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Bowler profile record

Post by TonyPR »

Hello, I started coaching a youth league this year, we have enough certified coaches to have one coach per pair. We are also offering practice sessions for free to all league players Saturday after league play and Tuesdays. I want to create a binder/file for each and every player so that all coaches can be in the same page, literally.

See, the problem is that many times an athlete will have several areas of their game they need to improve yet one should only work at one thing at a time. For example one coach may see a release issue, another may see a balance issue and yet another may see a swing plane issue and finally all three issues may have a timing root... One coach will tell the athlete to work on one thing and another will tell the same athlete to work on another thing. This will be frustrating and confusing to the athlete to say the least and can and will most likely affect their progress.

With a bowler profile the athlete can be evaluated by video analysis from different angles and notes can be made about his game characteristics (4 or 5 steps, backswing height,etc...). Notes could then be taken about aspects of his or her game that could use improvement. Other things such as speed off the hand, axis tilt, revs, ball weight, etc. could also be written down. This data would then be evaluated in a coaches meeting and, with the head coach's approval, priority would be given to the aspect of the game the athlete should work on along with recommend drills etc. That way when in league and/or practice the coach assigned to a certain pair will know specifically what is currently being worked on for each individual athlete.

My question is, does anyone here have a template you use for this type of things? Ideas are welcome.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
spr3wr
Certified Coach
Certified Coach

Re: Bowler profile record

Post by spr3wr »

Here is my Evaluation chart and at the bottom will be a list of what is needed to work on with the bowler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None active - USBC Bronze level coach
Dick Ritger level 1 coach
2 300 games
1 800 series
High average 223
Coaching with pros in clinics since 2004
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by TonyPR »

Thank you very much
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Free agent
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by TonyPR »

Ok, thank you bowl1820 and spr3wr for your help, here's what I created:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Free agent