New videos for analysis

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
flibblesh
Preferred Company: Radical

New videos for analysis

Post by flibblesh »

Hallo, I previously had videos analysed, and have new ones to show. This is the exact same shot from both angles.

Rear View;

[youtube][/youtube]

Side View;

[youtube][/youtube]

Update 20160908: Thanks JMerrel, mostly the same as last time then, slightly better. Progress at least, I'll work on those issues!

Update 20160913: I've recorded 2 new videos, the previous ones were based on some work I had been doing with a coach, he was teaching me to square everything up, not drop shoulder, stay tall at the line etc. I didn't feel this was working for me, so I've moved back to dropping my shoulder and holding more lateral tilt.

Rear
[youtube][/youtube]

Side
[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by flibblesh on September 13th, 2016, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steven Bourgaize

Rev Rate: Roughly 300
Ball Weight: 15lb
PAP: Smear
Span: Teeny
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: New videos for analysis

Post by JMerrell »

Steven,
The ball return hides your setup and first step………this is why right handed bowlers should video on even numbered lanes. Appears that you are a 5 step bowler.

Side View
1) In S2 the low ball position leads to the early timing position (ball ahead of feet) seen in S3.
2) Good body position seen in S4.
3) From S4 to S5 your body weight is not getting on the left foot soon enough. The slide leg should be perpendicular to the floor prior to the swing reaching the release area.
4) Even after release in S6 the slide leg is not perpendicular to the floor.
5) During the follow through your weight gets to the positon I would like to see prior to release.
6) Watching your video you slide completely through the release of the ball. Worked pretty good for Marshall Holman….but you don’t have his physical game.

Back view
1) From B2 through B4 you have excellent lateral spine tilt to the right (green line)
2) During release you lose some of your lateral spine tilt and become too upright (red Line).
3) The ball should be under your head…. yours is not.

My suggestions:
1) From the top of your swing work on transferring your body weight sooner to the left foot.
2) Getting the weight to the left foot sooner should allow the left leg to get perpendicular to the floor and the slide foot to stop prior to release.
3) Work on maintaining more lateral spine tilt at release……get the head over the ball.
4) Accomplishing items #2 & #3 should provide you more leverage and a better transfer of energy to your release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last bumped by flibblesh on September 13th, 2016, 3:09 pm.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"