2 handed bowling analysis

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Peezy112
Preferred Company: Storm

2 handed bowling analysis

Post by Peezy112 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Hi again Mr Merrell. Im requesting anotheranother analysis of my 2 handed bowling, i posted one last year but didnt meet the recording requirements. Hopefully this one is correct! Truly appreciate your help and past reviews, they have assisted me tremendously in my growth. Thanks in advance!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: 2 handed bowling analysis

Post by JMerrell »

Hi again Mr Merrell. I'm requesting another analysis of my 2 handed bowling, I posted one last year but didn't meet the recording requirements. Hopefully this one is correct! Truly appreciate your help and past reviews, they have assisted me tremendously in my growth. Thanks in advance!
The requirements are in place to enable the coaches to give the athlete the most accurate assessment.

One complete back view and one view from the side (side view would be on an even numbered lane for a right handed bowler), I don't like to evaluate ball returns.

Great job Tony, and many great tips in the Community Coaching Forum!

As Tony mentioned you need to learn how to slide rather than plant (walk) on the last step.

Attached below is a sequence showing how the slide develops, toe down first followed by the heel.

As for going through the ball versus going around the ball, I have attached a slide showing your release position versus Jason’s.

1) In B1 notice how Jason’s arms are well inside the head coming into the release area. This is because he keeps his right hand behind the ball and left hand in front of the ball as it drops down from the top of the swing.

2) Half way down from the top you start rotating your hands around the ball. From the top just let everything drop down into the release area and you will look like Jason. I have always referred to this as bowler’s disease, everyone tends to try to apply the power to soon.

3) As Tony mentioned your hand then works around the ball rather than through going through the ball as you can see in Jason;s execution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: 2 handed bowling analysis

Post by TonyPR »

Thank you Jim, I try my best. In the community coaching forum I added some training recommendations. I know you can probably explain the drills much better than I can so if you would like to add any drill videos or recommendations please do so. I attached the links to Slowinski's foul line and 1 step drills because they were the best I could find.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent