Coaching Help

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
BowlingBuddy21
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Coaching Help

Post by BowlingBuddy21 »

Hello Jim,
I am trying to learn to bowl two handed, currently my ball is too angular off the spot and responds to friction way too fast. My ball is in the skid phase longer than I would like. I would like to create better ball motion having my ball in the skid phase less and more continuous through the pins. Any help with my physical game is much appreciated but the main goal is better ball motion.
Thank you.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by BowlingBuddy21 on July 4th, 2016, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Coaching Help

Post by JMerrell »

Hello and welcome to the site.

In this section a video of you is typically required in order to give you an accurate response.

Angular off the spot has many causes.

But as you are learning how to bowl two-handed, the cause is usually over rotation of the hands at release causing too much axis rotation.

Excessive axis rotation usually creates a lot of skid flip motion.

So let's start by defining axis rotation.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... s_rotation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Visual reference of how various degrees of axis rotation are created.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice: The more his hand goes around the side of the ball.......the quicker and sharper the ball
moves left to right.

I'd recommend that at your next practice you start by not rotating your hands at all the first couple of shots and see if the ball is smoother off the spot, then apply more rotation to get the shape you like off the spot.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"