critique on approach and release

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
bornno1

critique on approach and release

Post by bornno1 »

hi everyone
have been getting serious about my fundamentals right but do not wish to start from scratch. am hoping I can get some pointers about my mistakes so that I can work on them

I'm not getting enough revs and my swing plane looks messed up

edit: sorry I didn't get a side view. will post one up later

[youtube][/youtube]
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: critique on approach and release

Post by JMerrell »

Couple of pointers:

1) Your swing is more out and around the body leading to the ball being slightly left of your head at the top as seen in B6.

2) After ball placement in B3, focus on keeping your upper arm close to your body going back. You can see in B4 the gap between your arm & body. This gap also places the ball outside the head.

3) At the finish in B7 you need more lateral spine tilt to the right (green lines versus red lines).

4) As for more rev rate……. Your hand is rotating around the ball too soon, with your wrist collapsing into a broken back position, hand placement is more on top of the ball. (see B7).

I would work on keeping arm closer to the body during the back swing.

Increase lateral spine tilt right at release (right leg going further will help with this).

You might want to try a wrist support to getting a feeling of a straighter wrist during release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"