This is why a side view is necessary to evaluate for a coach

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

This is why a side view is necessary to evaluate for a coach

Post by krava »

First of all I would like to thank Jmerrell for his evaluation and I am still trying to do as he says. This is an updated video behind view as he told me to drop the shoulder and give more tilt.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But more on the topic I posted. When I was taking video I didn't take in consideration a side view like he has requested because I thought I was good in that area. So anyway I decided to finally do a side shot because I feel like I am having my entire arm bent alot of the time instead of having it straight.

So this is what I came up with after I took the first video:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After I saw that I was like OMG my ball must be 2 feet infront of my cross over foot. From what I have heard and watched, it is suppose to be the same distance as however far your foot is. So if you move your right foot 10 inches, your ball is suppose to move 10 inches infront of you and be directrly infront of that. I had no idea it was this bad. (atleast I think I got some kind of issue going on there).

Now trying to correct this I have:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; attempt #1
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; attempt #2

Neither attempt I think fixed it. I think that I am not having the ball close to my side to start and it is already a whole arm length infront when I setup. I might go and bowl tomorrow and check that out.

So the moral of the story is that, even if you don't think you have an issue with something, make sure that you get a back and side view. That is the only way you can see the entire story. I thought I was good from the side but I really don't think I am.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: This is why a side view is necessary to evaluate for a c

Post by JMerrell »

You are doing a great job changing your physical game.
But try not to move to fast on to the next change. Make sure you keep focusing on the current changes during practice as it will take time before you own these changes.

But again, great job making these changes in such a short amount of time.

Back view slide below reflects the before and after images of the changes you incorporated.
1) Improved lateral spine tilt at address
2) Maintaining & slightly increasing this tilt throughout your approach
3) Notice how much further the red line through your head is from your right hip than your original video!
4) During release the ball is getting much closer to being under your head, don’t worry about the distance from the ankle! Under the head!!!!!

Side view analysis:
1) Set-up looks good
2) First step too long also raises up too far off the floor in the process.
3) During the release the right knee should continue forward and close the gap between the right and left knee. Keep that right knee flexed.

Suggestions:
1) Shorten the first step by at least a foot.
2) During practice, slide the first step forward….don’t lift it off the floor. This is often called a shuffle step versus a walking step.
3) At the top of your swing work on rotating your upper body more clockwise and feel as though your left shoulder is under your chin. This will help get the ball more in line with your head at the top of the swing when viewed from the back.

Keep doing what you’re doing…….work on these new changes………BE PATIENT!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"