Help with my game.

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
stcry32
Preferred Company: 900 global

Help with my game.

Post by stcry32 »

Any help is welcome. I want to get a little more ball speed as right now i am about 15mph down lane. Also willing to do anything else to get better. Thank you in advance and sorry for not having more then just a back view.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Help with my game.

Post by kajmk »

[quote="stcry32"]Any help is welcome. I want to get a little more ball speed as right now i am about 15mph down lane. Also willing to do anything else to get better. Thank you in advance and sorry for not having more then just a back view.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Hello there.
We will get a better diagnosis if you add a side view.
One thing that appears to be missing is acceleration in your foot work. The steps should go from slower to faster, sort of like a crescendo.
Look at the following
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5639&p=44966&hilit=kentucky#p44966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keeping this post brief here as I tend to write too much at times.
Bowling is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, it takes many pieces to make the total picture.
I will add one more thought and link.
Marshall Holman and Norm Duke are not very big men, a major component of there speed generation comes from the nature and pace of their steps. Yes there are other components, but changing too many variables at once may not be advisable.

You can get a good look at Holman on the wiki
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... sion_Tapes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll also find a lot more there including video capture tips
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, get a set of side and rear view from the same bowling session, so as to capture you at the same time.

Footwork is one of the essential components of good bowling.

I hope this was helpful and not off the mark.

I'm sure Jim will have keener observations, but until then, give this some thought.
Take care.
By the way what is your first name? Consider adding it on your signature along with your location.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Help with my game.

Post by JMerrell »

A side view would definitely facilitate analysis of improving your ball speed.

Basic 4 step delivery:

From address the ball moves FORWARD with the first step. (yours moves directly downward}.
Second step ball moves downward (yours moves upward to top of swing!)
Third step ball is at top of the swing (yours already there are previous step.......begins moving downward)
Fourth step.. slide and delivery.

Because your swing is way ahead of your feet........your swing is very controlled in order that the feet have a chance to catch up at delivery.

A side video is necessary to provide detailed information for correction.

Search youtube for a side view of fundamental timing of the swing and feet.

Basically your swing needs to move forward on one and downward on the second step.

There are some good examples in this video:

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ease_Video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"