Checking on progress

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
cjmmm47
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" x 1/8" up
Speed: 17mph off hand
Rev Rate: 560
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 45
Preferred Company: Motiv

Checking on progress

Post by cjmmm47 »

Hello there! A good while back I posted a few videos of my daughter on here and got some recommendations, and am posting some new ones to see how you think the progress has gone. She has since moved to a 5-step approach and 15lb ball, and turned 13 in January. Thanks in advance!

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Chris Marshall - Lane Zero Pro Shop
inside of V&H Recreation
Speed: 17mph (hand)
Tilt: 18°
Rotation: 45°
Rev Rate: 530
PAP: 4-1/4" x 1/2" up
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Checking on progress

Post by JMerrell »

Hi and thanks for an update..........let's focus on improving here swing direction back and through.
1) Currently during ball placement (B3) the ball goes slightly outside the right shoulder.
2) Coming back the right arm is swung away from the body (B4), which also positions the ball outside the right shoulder
3) Anytime the swing moves away from the body going back it usually results in the swing wrapping
behind the back at the top of the swing. (as can be seen in B5)
4) At release in B6 I suggest spending some time increasing her lateral spin tilt in order to place the head over the ball during the release.

My suggestions:
1) During ball placement, I prefer to see no ball from the back view. (her's is currently just slightly outside the right shoulder)
2) After ball placement (B3), work on the swing coming straight back underneath the shoulder as shown by the green line in B3. (keep the right arm close to the right side)
3) Improving the back swing direction should improve the position of the ball at the top of the swing as a byproduct. (more inline with the head at the top).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"