Finally got some vids

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Teamxdmatt

Finally got some vids

Post by Teamxdmatt »

i can already see some problems. i'm drifting to far to the left sometimes and it looks like on my downswing i can see my hand is already on the side of the ball. this is my first year back from bowling after 5 years off.

i have some more vids at different angles if this don't work.thanks for the help.

[youtube][/youtube]
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Finally got some vids

Post by Mo Pinel »

Teamxdmatt wrote:i can already see some problems. i'm drifting to far to the left sometimes and it looks like on my downswing i can see my hand is already on the side of the ball. this is my first year back from bowling after 5 years off.

i have some more vids at different angles if this don't work.thanks for the help.

[youtube][/youtube]

Not as bad as you think. This is right up Jim's alley. Get the ball closer to the body in the stance and get full weight transfer to the left leg at the line. The trail foot is lagging back preventing full weight transfer at release. Have at it Jim. Not a bad starting point, though.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Finally got some vids

Post by JMerrell »

Teamxdmatt wrote:
I can already see some problems. i'm drifting to far to the left sometimes and it looks like on my downswing I can see my hand is already on the side of the ball. this is my first year back from bowling after 5 years off.

Welcome back to the sport.

Let's not worry about the drift or hand position at the moment.

Five years off, it's time to work on the basics.

1) Your upper body is too erect and the ball is too far away from your body. (start with the ball touching your shirt)
2) Look at reference photos 1 & 2, practice this set-up in front of a mirror.
3) Your upper body is tilted too far forward throughout the approach..
4) The spine angle should remain quiet throughout the appproach, gradually increasing during the approach. Look at the upper body spine angle in the reference photos as compared to yours.
5) Your head should be over the ball throughout the approach. Look the head / ball relationship in photos 3 & 4. Head over ball starts in the set-up position.
6) You mentioned that your hand is on the side of the ball. This is a topic for a later discussion.
7) In photo 7 it appears that your left hand is resting on the left knee.
8) You need to work on bringing your right knee forward as you slide. As Mo has mentioned get your body weight up on the left foot, off the right foot.

Work on your set-up and maintaining your spine angle from set-up throughout the approach. Correcting these will be the first step in re-building your game.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"