I need help

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
ineedhelp

I need help

Post by ineedhelp »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

What should I work on? Should I upload another rear view? That particular video was one of my better throws.

How can I make my elbow not come out at the top? In a video Belmonte said it makes him very inaccurate. How can I stop muscling the ball?

Most important: how can I make the ball go close to where I am looking more often?
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: I need help

Post by JMerrell »

I have looked at your video a half a dozen times, it’s so dark it strains my eyes.

A couple of suggestions….find a center with better lighting…..or a friend with a newer cell phone for your videos.

I enhanced your video as much as possible for evaluation.

Can't even see your elbow in the rear view.

Using Jason for comparison my evaluation will start from the bottom of your back swing (slide M1).

From this position you swing the ball to the top maintain a relatively straight right and left arm.
Jason does not! Slide J2

Keeping the arms straight tends to over tilt the upper body forward.

In the down swing (slide M3) your upper body has rotated closed too early…compare the position of your right shoulder with Jason’s.

Also the roundness of your back caused by the combination of over tilted spine and early rotation are seen in M3 & M4.

Compare this to Jason’s back in J4.

My suggestion would be to use your access to video to work on emulating Jason’s mechanics.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... y_elements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"