Beginning of regular training for a 2 hander

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
gunso

Beginning of regular training for a 2 hander

Post by gunso »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

First training session of many. Would be great to get a few starting tips. 30 year old former athlete with background in golf, basketball and soccer. 190 cm tall athlete with a weak wrist because of a work accident 10 years agi. Been messing around for a couple of years 2 handed but never any real practice put into it with way 2 many unthought of changes.

Carry a 170 average which is mainly due to lack of spare shooting. We never throw on a THS, most of it in the range of 2:1 to 5:1 ratios but sometimes it's dead flat. Hoping my new fit (throwing no inserts now with semi finger tip and it feels way more natural) will help with a better game, especially spare shooting.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Beginning of regular training for a 2 hander

Post by JMerrell »

Gunnar,
Congratulations on NOT bowling on a house shot, competitive development comes much faster for those who don’t develop bad habits formed by all the guidance provided by a THS.

Thanks for the background information, your physical game reflects your athletic experiences.

Overall you have a good start in developing the two-handed style and I believe you have the physical skills to make this work for you at the highest levels of competition.

You asked for a few starting tips, therefore I’m going to keep this first analysis at the fundamental level and focus on your spine tilt angle (green line shown in S3).

There are many ways to bowl two-handed, I teach two-handed based on the fundamentals I see in Jason’s game.

My analysis:
1) Everything looks good at set-up (S1) and through ball placement in S3.
2) As the ball drops downward in S4, your upper body and head move forward and downward as well.
Makes you look more like 170 cm rather than 190 cm. Whether one-handed or two-handed it is important as the ball drops from placement that the spine tilt angle remains constant and the swing’s center of rotation is a fixed point.
3) The forward spine tilt in S4 leads to the finish position seen in S7. With this much forward tilt at release you are losing a lot of leverage.

My starting tips:
1) Work on keeping your upper body and head more vertical as the ball moves downward in S4.
Use the attachments of Jason as reference.
2) From your position in S5 as the swing moves down……move the right knee forward as well.
Allowing the right leg to remain back will make it difficult for you to correct the spine tilt angle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"