Video Analysis

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
PittSteve
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Positive Axis Point: 4.75 over 0.5 down
Speed: 19.5 MPH off hand.
Rev Rate: 430
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Hyper Cell/IQ Tour Nano
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Solid
Light Oil Ball: Storm Ride

Video Analysis

Post by PittSteve »

[youtube][/youtube]

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also coached eye https://www.coachseye.com/v/GgH7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't seem to stay inside at the bottom. My RPM is stuck at 430.

I took 14 years off up until 5 months ago. My rev rate was 480 before. I think there is something in my timing or something that is causing me to start my turn early. I think it may be my acceleration at the bottom which after discussing with my coach is now a wrong thing to do.

Please ignore how fat I have become. I only have rear view as I had no one to stand to the side.

For those asking, that is a storm ride 70 x 6.25 x 50 on 42' house shot.
PAP - 4.75 over, 0.5 up
Tilt - 17
Rotation - 40
RPM - 430
MPH - 19.5 (at release)
USBC Bronze Certified Coach
PBA Member 1996-2001, 2016-present
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Video Analysis

Post by JMerrell »

PittSteve wrote:I can't seem to stay inside at the bottom. My RPM is stuck at 430. More than enough to accomplish your goals.

I think there is something in my timing (no) or something that is causing me to start my turn early.(see below)
In B5, your hand is on the inside. Your upper body tilt positions the swing to arrive in the release area with the fingers on the inside.

However as the swing is falling down the upper body rotates counterclockwise destroying all of the above. In B6, the ball is no longer under your head because of the premature torso rotation. In B6, your head is much closer to your left foot than in B5.

You need to work on maintaining your body position in B5 and just allow the swing to fall down without assistance of the upper body.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"