Video Analysis Please

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
amyers2002

Video Analysis Please

Post by amyers2002 »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm sending this in for my wife who has been bowling for about a year and a half now with me and my family. She is currently in two leagues. She really wants to make the next step in bowling and would like some advice on what she needs to work on.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Video Analysis Please

Post by JMerrell »

First step to the next level

Back view:
1) Upper body too upright indicated by the red line.
2) Work on increasing lateral spine tilt to the right at address (green line). This will place your head over the right foot.
3) In B2 & B3 you can see that the ball will not clear the body on the back swing.
4) Therefore the step in B3 goes left to create room for the back swing.
5) In B4, you can see an angle between the upper and lower arm. This is known as the carrying angle, it helps the arm to swing without hitting the hips while walking. Normally it is 5-15 degrees away from the body. The angle is generally larger in females, just physiology.
6) Presetting more lateral spine at address and maintaining it throughout the approach enhances our chance of getting the head more over the ball a=during delivery in B8.

Side view:
1) Good through S2.
2) From S2 to S4 the ball needs to arc downward not extend outward as seen in S3. Replace the over extension in S3 by allowing the right arm to unfold and the ball to arc downward so that it is by your side in S4.
3) In S5 at the completion of this step the ball should be at the top of your back swing. In S6 the ball is still going up as you enter the slide. Arcing the ball downward sooner will fix this.
4) Good position in S8, but you tend to hang onto the ball in S9.
5) In S10 you appear to be looking at the floor?????

In summary:
1) Spend most of your practice time working on set-up changes and arcing the ball downward versus outward in S3. A lot of the other items will self-correct once these changes are incorporated.

Once these changes feel natural, submit another video for additional direction.

Thanks for submitting the video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"