2 hander needs some help

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Notchrocket
Preferred Company: Storm

2 hander needs some help

Post by Notchrocket »

I am new too the whole 2 handed thing. I have been working at it for a couple of weeks. I am having some timing issues and I feel as though my backswing is off. Any input would be great.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: 2 hander needs some help

Post by JMerrell »

I suggest you focus on technique rather than timing. Being new to the two-handed style, it would benefit you to study the analysis of Jason’s physical game in the WIKI and emulate it as much as possible.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... y_elements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may have two hands on the ball but you create very little leverage. I have attached a frame by frame comparison of you versus Jason starting with ball placement.

In JB1, there is very little ball visible as Jason has kept the ball in front of his body during placement. This is an excellent position.

At address very little ball was visible, but in B1 your ball placement has moved outside your right hip.

Continuing on in B3, your ball position is even further right of the body and your right elbow is way inside of the ball.

In JB3 Jason’s swing has gone straight up and the right elbow is directly over the ball.

Coming into the release area in B4 your right hand has moved to the outside of the ball whereas Jason’s hand is on the inside of the ball.

In JB5 as Jason’s left hand comes off the ball his right hand in still way underneath the ball.

As your left hand comes off the ball your right hand is outside of the ball and much higher up the ball.
Both of these equate to loss of power.

My suggestions:

1) Keep the ball in front of the right hip during placement.
2) During B3 lift the ball straight up, also at this point you need more forward spine tilt. Notice in JB3 that you can’t see Jason’s head. Work hard on those elbow positions.
3) Coming down and into the release area keep that right hand on the inside of the ball.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"