Form Comments Part 2

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
robert
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Preferred Company: circle

Form Comments Part 2

Post by robert »

Good evening,

I would like to thank you for responding to my previous request for help.
Paul, Mo and Jim, all your comments are greatly appreciated.
I think your responses were a huge confidence boost and he seems to be back on track, bowling well again.

In the meantime, he has been trying to add some life to his balance arm as per the comment from Paul.
Also today he tried to loosen the knee to generate a bit more continuous knee bend, and put some effort into the flat spot, which on occasions was pretty sharp instead of long. I hope that's what you mean by "softer" knee Mo.
Also what does "Post the shot" exactly mean ?

I am posting a new video from today's practice shots (the knee bend is more evident in the later shots). The video quality isn't great and some of the shots tend to blur (stupid auto focus mechanism)

Also I will shortly post a layout request for a present he received recently. I will post that in the appropriate forum.

Jim, your comments are great, I hope I will manage to get the meaning across when translating to Greek. I think I will do the translation in writing so it's easy to refer to when he needs it most.

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks in advance (since I won't be able to reply)

Robert
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Re: Form Comments Part 2

Post by MattInTheHat »

"Post The Shot" means to hold your finish position until the ball is down the lane, until the ball has at least reached the pins if not cleared the deck. It looks like he is posting his shot pretty well, I think Mo's comment on the first video was to help him get his body movements a little smoother during his slide so that he could hold (post) his finish position easier.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Post by JMerrell »

Robert,
I will respond to the softer knee.
Length of slide plus knee continuing forward = length of the flat spot.
I believe Mo's referral to softer knee was to have him work on keep the knee moving forward at release. (Mo, please correct me if I'm wrong here).

See Patrick's photo before and after release.

When the knee does not continue forward it can become stressed by body weight at release.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

robert wrote:Good evening,

I would like to thank you for responding to my previous request for help.
Paul, Mo and Jim, all your comments are greatly appreciated.
I think your responses were a huge confidence boost and he seems to be back on track, bowling well again.

In the meantime, he has been trying to add some life to his balance arm as per the comment from Paul.
Also today he tried to loosen the knee to generate a bit more continuous knee bend, and put some effort into the flat spot, which on occasions was pretty sharp instead of long. I hope that's what you mean by "softer" knee Mo.
Also what does "Post the shot" exactly mean ?

I am posting a new video from today's practice shots (the knee bend is more evident in the later shots). The video quality isn't great and some of the shots tend to blur (stupid auto focus mechanism)

Also I will shortly post a layout request for a present he received recently. I will post that in the appropriate forum.

Jim, your comments are great, I hope I will manage to get the meaning across when translating to Greek. I think I will do the translation in writing so it's easy to refer to when he needs it most.

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks in advance (since I won't be able to reply)

Robert

These guys are doing a good job. His hinge is too long and his knee needs to continue more increasing the length of his "flat spot".
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

JMerrell wrote:Robert,
I will respond to the softer knee.
Length of slide plus knee continuing forward = length of the flat spot.
I believe Mo's referral to softer knee was to have him work on keep the knee moving forward at release. (Mo, please correct me if I'm wrong here).

See Patrick's photo before and after release.

When the knee does not continue forward it can become stressed by body weight at release.

Jim
Great illustrations thru pics, Jim.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)