Need advice for Kegel's Beat'n Path

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMack

Need advice for Kegel's Beat'n Path

Post by TMack »

Need advice for Kegel's Beat'n Path. Starting sectional play today and we are bowling on this pattern. Any suggestions?
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Re: Need advice for Kegel's Beat'n Path

Post by scotts33 »

I bowled twice so far on this Kegel Challenge Series pattern. I'd say it will play according to the surface it's put down on. Meaning where the most worn part of the lane is which would be the track in most places. Old wood would be more difficult than newer synthetic.

I took a solid with some shine (Gladiator Solid) which is a smoother ball off the backend. Squared up played 11 to 8. I didn't swing it much and waited till that part of the lane opened up. This was on older Bruns. Anvilane. Moderate success...nothing under 185 and high of 240something.

Good luck on it and report back how you played it.

Scott
TMack

Post by TMack »

scotts33 wrote:I bowled twice so far on this Kegel Challenge Series pattern. I'd say it will play according to the surface it's put down on. Meaning where the most worn part of the lane is which would be the track in most places. Old wood would be more difficult than newer synthetic.

I took a solid with some shine (Gladiator Solid) which is a smoother ball off the backend. Squared up played 11 to 8. I didn't swing it much and waited till that part of the lane opened up. This was on older Bruns. Anvilane. Moderate success...nothing under 185 and high of 240something.

Good luck on it and report back how you played it.

Scott
I'm thinking of having all 5 girls play like the 7-10 boards to try and open up an area. We are playing on older but good condition wood lanes. Crossing my fingers.
pvellenga

Post by pvellenga »

The track area will dictate alot where you can have the most success on this shot. Search the lane and dont hold yourself to one area of the lane. When you find the shot it will be obvious. Also, controlling your speed is very critical on this condition and will be amplified the further your stray from the proper area of the lane. I am willing to get the track area will be more like 5-7 board area rather than 7-10 area of the lane because you are on wood lanes. Like I said search for the shot and dont let yourself get blinders on and keep playing only one area of the lane. Watch the other bowlers also! They should lead you right to the correct area of the lane.
TMack

Post by TMack »

pvellenga wrote:The track area will dictate alot where you can have the most success on this shot. Search the lane and dont hold yourself to one area of the lane. When you find the shot it will be obvious. Also, controlling your speed is very critical on this condition and will be amplified the further your stray from the proper area of the lane. I am willing to get the track area will be more like 5-7 board area rather than 7-10 area of the lane because you are on wood lanes. Like I said search for the shot and dont let yourself get blinders on and keep playing only one area of the lane. Watch the other bowlers also! They should lead you right to the correct area of the lane.
Thank you ! We have individuals this Saturday on sythetic lanes on the same Beaten Path oil pattern. I will difinetly take your advice with the High School girls. Thanks again !