The AMF Ammo

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ivane
Preferred Company: AMF

The AMF Ammo

Post by Ivane » January 20th, 2013, 2:54 am

Hey guys i wanted to bring up a vintage ball that has hardly any info on the internet and is not on http://www.bowlingballvault.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. its the AMF Ammo and i wanted to see if there was a way to bring this rather obscure ball to light. its a great ball that's good for entry level players and casual players such as my self, it performs as a good slow straight ball (apparently it was only made as a 16 pounder) and as far as i know it has a bullet shaped core. i found it at a pro shop on the used rack and the owner didnt know anything about it other than what had been told to him by its previous owner. a big question i have though why is this thing barely recognized by other sites and why is there almost NO information on it anywhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AJCZAR
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over 7/8 up
Speed: 18 MPH off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75

Re: The AMF Ammo

Post by AJCZAR » January 20th, 2013, 4:39 pm

http://www.123bowl.com/ball.cfm?ballid=223" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ivane
Preferred Company: AMF

Post by Ivane » January 20th, 2013, 11:56 pm

ok, im looking for user experience with the ball, not just stats. i wanna know if anyone has ever used one. stats are pretty easy to find out. i wanna know how the bowling community received this ball when it was new, who among the community here has used it and what the community here thought of it. also i was wondering if we could add it to the bowling ball vault. so if anyone has ever used it. please use this thread for your review of the ball. For example i think its a good ball for casual bowlers and that it has a decent core in it for those practicing, but im sure many of you here have been bowling since before i was born. so please if anyone has any feed back regarding this ball. post it here please.

bowlingjunkie

Post by bowlingjunkie » January 21st, 2013, 12:26 am

I had the ball back in the day. It was big when it was first released, but houses used a lot less oil than today. It was urethane with like a generic grenade looking core if I remember correctly. It was smooth through the heads with a controlled arc, but that is how most urethane reacts. I think it would be a good dry lane ball today or when the lanes are fried. Possibly even on a medium shot with scorching backends to help control them. Hope this helps.

Knestrikes

Post by Knestrikes » January 22nd, 2013, 3:34 am

Pancake core, not much on reviews other than it was just another ball that didn't fair to well on the market. I thought it was a bit of a dud.

CDinSV
THS Average: 169
Heavy Oil Ball: Hustle INK
Medium Oil Ball: Hustle INK
Light Oil Ball: Hustle INK or AMF AMMO
Preferred Company: Roto Grip

Post by CDinSV » December 30th, 2019, 7:14 am

I believe it or not, still use this ball. I use it as my spare ball. I first became familiar with my particular ball when an old house that I used to bowl at had the ball as a house ball. I used it as the house ball for about three years (right up until the house closed). The manager, who was on my team and a good friend outside of bowling, always knew that I loved the ball. On the final night that I bowled league at that house, the manager told me to keep the ball. So, I use it right up til now! The odd thing about mine (and it has always been since I first came across it) is that it has a hole for my pinky finger! I find that the ball is very straight and in my opinion the pinky finger gives me more control of the ball.

Again, very straight ball, I can put a little hook on it but it is really good for my right handed shot to get the 10-pin.

Any idea what the current equivalent would be for this ball????? That is how I found this thread, was looking for a similar ball.
Chris Davis

Hope you have a great day! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hustle INK and a AMF Ammo is what I sling at those damn pins.

boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Post by boomer » January 2nd, 2020, 1:49 am

White Dot . . .

MegaMav
THS Average: 230
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 4 15/16 Over 3/8 Up
Speed: 15.25 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - The Closer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswck - Method Solid
Light Oil Ball: DV8 - Poison Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav » January 2nd, 2020, 2:41 am

CDinSV wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 7:14 am
Any idea what the current equivalent would be for this ball????? That is how I found this thread, was looking for a similar ball.
Try the DV8 Tactic Control.
“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh