Rate/Review - Podcast - Ball Drilling For Dummies 5 pt serie

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rate this Podcast Series

You may select 1 option

View results

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Rate/Review - Podcast - Ball Drilling For Dummies 5 pt serie

Post by kajmk »

Topic Name - Rate/Review - Podcast - Ball Drilling For Dummies 5 pt series

Creation of these polls is intended to be an ongoing process, e.g. Search for 123xyz which was embedded as a potential unique string This will return all polls created with this string.

The Initial Template follows -

This is a prototype based on a members request via viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Search Key: 123xyz Use the above search key to pull all polls used with this template.

If you've read, watched, or listened to, please take the time to rate it via the poll.

Ball Drilling For Dummies Series - at http://www.above180.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
a 5 part series with Tim Burg, Joey Cerar, and Mo Pinel
http://above180.com/category/ball-drill ... ies-series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The higher the number, the higher your opinion of this material.

Editorialize if you'd like to complement your rating

You may change your mind at a later date!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Rate/Review - Podcast - Ball Drilling For Dummies 5 pt s

Post by kajmk »

This is not just for professional ball drillers and gurus.
I'd recommend this to anyone who has more than a casual interest the the sport of bowling.
This is educational and stimulating, thought provoking!

Kudos to Tim and Joey for facilitating this series and to Mo for sharing his time, bowling wisdom, and knowledge.

Do check out other Podcasts at http://www.above180.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knowledge is power and you never know what nugget will lead you to your own personal mother load of gold!

As a novice, I rate this with the highest score 5.
Please weigh in with your honest opinions to help other bowlers and to help grow the sport.

p.s. there is more than ball drilling technical material here.
For example, Mo's comment on why back rack pins are left standing: 7 or 8 or 9 or 10.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by guruU2 »

If one is not taking a direct, in person, seminar with one of the Masters, I do not know how it can get better.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
Triplicate
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 1 1/2
Speed: 16-18 at Foul Line
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 7-10
Axis Rotation: 45+-

Post by Triplicate »

Good Podcast for sure. Too bad there is never enough time. These should be from 1 to 1 1/2 hrs long, no different than sitting through a movie. I always come away with too much missing.
High Game - 300 (20), 299 (10), 298 (2), 11 in a row (18)
High Series - (278 Triplicate) = 834 (9)
HOF induction - 2 (1 Local and 1 Provincial)
Is this helpful? Then Click the Image on the bottom right.
Strikers
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8 1 1/2 up
Speed: 19 off hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Sync - Enigma - REAX
Medium Oil Ball: Reax
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Strikers »

Mo is a genius. Wish I could spend several weeks with him learning all the variables to this craft. I pride myself in what I do and what i provide to my customers. i have spent countless hour and dollars to learn but when I read or listen to him I realize I don't know squat. Please Mo never stop teaching us how to do our craft better!
Thanks. Podcast gets a 5 from me just wish it was longer.
Jeff Fox
Strikers Pro Shop- Bend Or
MF span 4.5 5/16 left 1/16 fwd
RF span 4 5/16 9/16 rt 1/16 rev
thumb 1/8 lft 1/4rev
tilt 10* rotation 70-75* speed off hand 19 rev 250.
PAP is 4 7/8 1 1/2 up
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

I really enjoyed this one. Joey and Tim really entered some great questions.
A couple of things that came to mind (and I may be wrong here) are at about 11:00 into the podcast when Joey gives us his specs. (Mo confirms Joey is rev-dominant).
12* tilt
70* rotation
305 revs

Another possibility which popped into my mind was that with 12* of tilt and 70* of rotation The ratio which I would give for a benchmark would be somewhere around 1.6:1. Joey says he loves longer pins which Mo attributes to rev -dominance with high tilt to get the ball to face up. I would also have loved to get the dual angle ratios which Joey used on these layouts with extremely longer pins .
For example: 105* at a 1.6:1 ratio would be 65*...40* . My thinking is that if these long pin to PAP distances are put on a 3:1 ratio (for example 80*...25*) , Joey would have too much of a flip for his stats on a day in day out basis (depending on lane surface as he stated, etc); Therefore to compensate he would actually prefer longer pin to PAP distances & or a P1 balance holes on these ratios. I am not sure if this is what is happening, but I think it would be a valid option to & a way to compensate. Lots of possibilities here.

Another point that caught my attention was where Mo states there is no way to measure the RG of the PAP. I guess it can be done on a computer though because we have seen numbers on this forum where the RG of the PAP has been given.

All in all, I really think these guys out-did themselves on this one. Thanks Tim, Joey, & Mo. Thanks to kajmk also.
MathIsTruth
Industry Professional
Industry Professional
Preferred Company: MoRich/Radical

Post by MathIsTruth »

elgavachon wrote:
Another point that caught my attention was where Mo states there is no way to measure the RG of the PAP. I guess it can be done on a computer though because we have seen numbers on this forum where the RG of the PAP has been given.

elgavachon, its actually quite easy to derive the RG of the PAP on the computer and we do that for every ball we virtually drill. I believe Mo was trying to state that it couldnt be easily measured while on the lanes. An RG swing would be needed to accurately measure the RG of the PAP.