Rate/Review - Intrinsic Bowling - Beyond "The Zone" Into Th

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Please indicate your rating

You may select 1 option

View results

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Rate/Review - Intrinsic Bowling - Beyond "The Zone" Into Th

Post by kajmk » December 31st, 2012, 1:27 am

This template is a prototype based on a members request via viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Search Key: 123xyz Use the above search key to pull all polls used with this template.

If you've read, watched, or listened to, please take the time to rate it via the poll.

Title Intrinsic Bowling - Beyond "The Zone" Into The Inner Bowler (Volume 1)
Authors name by Dr. Dennis A. Hooker PhD and Palmer Fallgren (Oct 15, 2012)

The higher the number, the higher your opinion of this material.

Editorialize if you'd like to complement your rating

You may change your mind at a later date!

Poll question area

1 Lowest Opinion

5 Highest Opinion
Last edited by kajmk on December 31st, 2012, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John

Triplicate
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 1 1/2
Speed: 16-18 at Foul Line
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 7-10
Axis Rotation: 45+-

Re: Rate/Review - Intrinsic Bowling - Beyond "The Zone" Int

Post by Triplicate » December 31st, 2012, 2:17 am

I liked Palmer Fallgren as a bowler but I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed with his book.

There is some good stuff here but mainly it's pushing and promoting his "Let It Go" book to the point of ridiculous. I've never read "Let It Go" from him, but I suspect this book should reflect an improvement from previous works.

There are a whole lot of quotes from some known and a lot of unknown sources that don't often connect with the flow of any given topic or thought. Seems like a lot of fill just to take up space. Kind of like french fries on your plate.

It does drive home some of the basics of the mental game to some extent but seems to dance around a lot to make the same point over and over again and some important parts are simply missing.

Formatting, grammar and punctuation is pretty bad. Images and drawings are what you'd expect to see from a 1st grader and just needlessly takes up space.

I'd give it a 2 out of 5 IMHO. I'm sure there are better books on the mental game of sports out there. Not recommended. I'm glad I only bought the e-book.
High Game - 300 (20), 299 (10), 298 (2), 11 in a row (18)
High Series - (278 Triplicate) = 834 (9)
HOF induction - 2 (1 Local and 1 Provincial)
Is this helpful? Then Click the Image on the bottom right.