Just got done reading Mo's new article in Bowling This Month

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 120
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/4 x 1 ^
Preferred Company: I prefer them all

Just got done reading Mo's new article in Bowling This Month

Post by MeNoRevs »

So like the title says, just went over the article in Bowling This Month, (pages 56 through 59) titled Effective Layouts Developed by Modern Technology. After seeing the changes for both the plastic balls (Discussed earlier here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=448) using CAD and what it did for Full Rollers with achieving higher int and total diff, I am more excited to apply this to some of the bowlers I drill for.

Full Rollers finally have more than your basic "Standard Full Roller" drilling and the previous AMF (Mo Designed) Full Roller Leverage layout, which in my guess there is no need for anymore?

My only question is, If we are working with a customer, and they heard about this drilling for the pancake core balls, wouldnt it be easier to go with a more core dominant ball than drilling a Tornado or ball simular in diffs? The only reason for investigating this type of drilling is because its the only option they had that week on tour.

Overall great written piece. Steve soon wont be able to fit his head in the door :) BTW Steve, that core looks like a beast, one day can I get a core named after me? :)
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Just got done reading Mo's new article in Bowling This Month

Post by Mo Pinel »

MeNoRevs wrote:So like the title says, just went over the article in Bowling This Month, (pages 56 through 59) titled Effective Layouts Developed by Modern Technology. After seeing the changes for both the plastic balls (Discussed earlier here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=448) using CAD and what it did for Full Rollers with achieving higher int and total diff, I am more excited to apply this to some of the bowlers I drill for.

Full Rollers finally have more than your basic "Standard Full Roller" drilling and the previous AMF (Mo Designed) Full Roller Leverage layout, which in my guess there is no need for anymore?

My only question is, If we are working with a customer, and they heard about this drilling for the pancake core balls, wouldnt it be easier to go with a more core dominant ball than drilling a Tornado or ball simular in diffs? The only reason for investigating this type of drilling is because its the only option they had that week on tour.

Overall great written piece. Steve soon wont be able to fit his head in the door :) BTW Steve, that core looks like a beast, one day can I get a core named after me? :)
The only problem with "Full Roller Leverage" is that the bowtie point moves toward the MF hole on asymmetrical and they thumb to often. The new aggressive full roller layouts supersede the "FR Leverage" layout. As for the pin in layouts using the plastic ball techniques, they allow you to do things in that price point and allow you to use the pin in balls you get into inventory. It, also, allows you to improve older pin in balls by redrilling. Remember, to charge for your knowledge. DON'T GIVE IT AWAY! Upgrading the core is the preferred way to go.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Re: Just got done reading Mo's new article in Bowling This Month

Post by fufu »

Mo, I very much enjoyed the article. I have a couple of full rollers left in the house I drill at. I'll be sure to give this a try next time they wish to purchase a ball.
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;