reduce of low track idea

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

drill
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

reduce of low track idea

Post by drill »

Hello!
Im a bowler with a average around 210.My biggest problem through the years is my low track (high tilt and much side rot.caused by finger on the side).
Im a lefty and my thumb is 0 to 1/8 right lateral.When I draw a line from midle of finger holes to thumb and hold my ball relaxed with thumb forward that line will be straight backwards.
Then I draw another span line but with using the ring finger hole as middle finger hole (rotate the grip counter clockwise).Hold the ball down again and with the thumb forward and the middle finger in the ring finger hole.
The new line is angled 10+ degrees behind me and the fingers more behind the ball.
I will drill a new ring finger hole and see if the track will be higher (closer to thumb) and the tilt lower with this new location.
It might be to much but an easy way to test.
What do you think guys? will this be a help for me and my low track (with too much on the side) to get more forward rot.?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: reduce of low track idea

Post by Mo Pinel »

drill wrote:Hello!
Im a bowler with a average around 210.My biggest problem through the years is my low track (high tilt and much side rot.caused by finger on the side).
Im a lefty and my thumb is 0 to 1/8 right lateral.When I draw a line from midle of finger holes to thumb and hold my ball relaxed with thumb forward that line will be straight backwards.
Then I draw another span line but with using the ring finger hole as middle finger hole (rotate the grip counter clockwise).Hold the ball down again and with the thumb forward and the middle finger in the ring finger hole.
The new line is angled 10+ degrees behind me and the fingers more behind the ball.
I will drill a new ring finger hole and see if the track will be higher (closer to thumb) and the tilt lower with this new location.
It might be to much but an easy way to test.
What do you think guys? will this be a help for me and my low track (with too much on the side) to get more forward rot.?

Don't waste your time. It won't change anything. Your tilt is a function of you and your release. Go to "Mo and Friends/Ball and Layout Advice" and post your delivery stats and your grip specs and I'll performance fit you and give you a benchmark layout. Slap can confirm that this works. He's left handed, too.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)