John Jowdy on Bob Summerville

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

John Jowdy on Bob Summerville

Post by kajmk »

As I read some of the posts here on the forum, I occasionally come across a reference to Bob Summerville. I just saw a mention of Bob in the Max Y Grip thread

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with the name and the man I'm attaching an article written by John Jowdy published 1/29/2010.

A bowler's wish, "May my passion for the sport of bowling someday approach that of Bob Summerville's"
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: John Jowdy on Bob Summerville

Post by guruU2 »

John has Bob Summerville down to a "T". Bowling would be better off if he had lived. I can not think of anyone more deserving to be inducted into the USBC Hall of Fame. His legacy should live on. A great man who we lost much much to early. Thank you Alayne for continuing his work.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: John Jowdy on Bob Summerville

Post by kajmk »

guruU2 wrote:John has Bob Summerville down to a "T". Bowling would be better off if he had lived. I can not think of anyone more deserving to be inducted into the USBC Hall of Fame. His legacy should live on. A great man who we lost much much to early. Thank you Alayne for continuing his work.
Indeed, thank you Alayne.
Although I never met Bob, I honestly think that Bob had the most positive influence on my bowling life.
To this date BTM is the only periodical if it's ilk that I know of.
Bob's coaching articles were GOLDEN, his "Off the top of my head" editorials were priceless, he facilitated a gathering of bowling mentors of the mental, the technical, the fitness, the strategic gurus, the roundtable discussions, the ball reviews, all within the covers of the BEST bowling magazine I ever had the pleasure of reading.

P.S. You can still try 1 edition for free.
http://www.bowlingthismonth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While you are there, use their search engine to see the myriad of topics and authors that have graced the pages over the years. Yes there is a digital version.

Cheers!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John