WSOB-Thoughts? (SPOILER!!!)

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

WSOB-Thoughts? (SPOILER!!!)

Post by scotts33 »

What did everybody think of the first televised WSOB-PBA event on ESPN Sunday?

I flipped back and forth between the Packers vs. Browns game but saw most of it.

Women's match Shannon got some bad carry that 8-10 really hurt her. Kulick had a nice area to play what dullish Ebonite ball did She use? Jigsaw that Shannon threw was taken down a bit seemed to roll nice but wondered why she couldn't get in a lil more. I saw the same thing with Hugh Miller the left side must have been a bit more touchy. I believe some said that side of the arena was touchy for wrongsiders.

Raisin match....I haven't seen Harry Sullins in years same ole Harry. Nice that he could win it in front of the home folks.

Trick shot...I liked the Osku shot for sure but thought a few of them were really good.

The mic'ed exempt players when they go into next weeks men/matches should be interesting.

Your thoughts?

Scott
Last edited by scotts33 on October 26th, 2009, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: WSOB-Thoughts? (SPOILER!!!)

Post by MegaMav »

Bring on the real bowling.
charlest

Post by charlest »

scotts33 wrote:What did everybody think of the first televised WSOB-PBA event on ESPN Sunday?
I enjoyed it especially when I learned the trick bowling would be on last.
Women's match Shannon got some bad carry that 8-10 really hurt her. Kulick had a nice area to play what dullish Ebonite ball did She use?
Magic Touch.
Krumpy/Ken has one dulled down to P2000 grit matte. He says it looks mostly black, just like Kelly's, not the green/red/black it has when polished. I'll see it tomorrow and let you know if it looks different from that. Otherwise assumeit looks black.
Jigsaw that Shannon threw was taken down a bit seemed to roll nice but wondered why she couldn't get in a lil more. I saw the same thing with Hugh Miller the left side must have been a bit more touchy. I believe some said that side of the arena was touchy for wrongsiders.
My heart bleeds ...Not!
Too often they seem to have such an easy time of it,ONCE they find a line.
Raisin match....
Hunh?
Never mind. I don't think I want to know.
I haven't seen Harry Sullins in years same ole Harry. Nice that he could win it in front of the home folks.
I always liked him. He was quite emotional. I guess it's been a long time. He has also been out of work for 3 years. So that money must mean a LOT to him, besides the win!

Jeff
Right handed
Speed: 13.5 -14.5 at pin deck
Rev Rate: 275 - 350
Axis rotation: 45*
Axis tilt: 17*
PAP: 5" x 0"
scotts33

Post by scotts33 »

Raisin = senior.
charlest

Post by charlest »

scotts33 wrote:Raisin = senior.
So you mean us? :)
I knew I wouldn't like it. :D
Right handed
mmcfarland300

Post by mmcfarland300 »

Osku got shafted, the other events have been much better, didnt really care for the Cheetah Documentery but decent so far.
"Another day will bring a different result"
"Pick your battles because stressing over things will not change an outcome"
charlest

Post by charlest »

Though I wouldn't want to see it every show, I loved the documentary format, showing pieces of many matches and some of the angst and stresses involved.

I was sort of annoyed (yeah, that's the world) that 2 shows in a row the lefties are "allowed" to go down the 5 board, with minor modifications on 2 different patterns.

Yes, I take no sides on the rightly/lefty controversy, but it should be equally "unfair". On the Viper, it looked like neither Haugen nor Jaros had any room or area at all. It looked like they didn't really have 1 board to hit.

It's bad enough on most house patterns that the lefties never move from the 1st or 2nd arrow but to "give"/"allow" that much advantage to professionals is almost a sin. Plus they seemed to have area.
Right handed
scotts33

Post by scotts33 »

I was sort of annoyed (yeah, that's the world) that 2 shows in a row the lefties are "allowed" to go down the 5 board, with minor modifications on 2 different patterns.

Yes, I take no sides on the rightly/lefty controversy, but it should be equally "unfair". On the Viper, it looked like neither Haugen nor Jaros had any room or area at all. It looked like they didn't really have 1 board to hit.

It's bad enough on most house patterns that the lefties never move from the 1st or 2nd arrow but to "give"/"allow" that much advantage to professionals is almost a sin. Plus they seemed to have area.
I'd agree. I referred back to the Round of 8 and though Rhino and Ryan were playing somewhat out they did not have the room they both had on Viper TV finals. This maybe that they did not bowl in the same bay on TV as they did in qualifying. I have heard the bays do not play the same. I am not sure about that but surfaces plays a major role on how the patterns play. Both Haugen and Jaros played about the same place that I saw in the Round of 8.
scotts33

Post by scotts33 »

So, not knowing the results of Shark as I have kept away from them. On that crappy lane surface who do you give the nod to? What a total mistake putting new PBA patterns on that lousy lane topography makes pro's look like hacks.
Pinbuster

Post by Pinbuster »

I would guess on the Shark (longer heavier oil) pattern that the extra hook on the right would make it better shot.

I still would not expect real high scoring.
charlest

Post by charlest »

On a side issue, I just read in a post on BR.com of the winner of SUnday's show. It seems that BJI in their current issue post sthe winner on Sunday's show. DOn't read "Bowlers Journal article -- Spolier Alert", as if there's a spoiler about who won the Bowlers journal. Should have said "Shark Championship - Spoiler". Sigh ...
Right handed