Board index » General Forums » General Bowling

Post subject: Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation
 Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 am Post Number: #1 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 1
Axis Tilt - Axis Rotation Video Tutorial Wiki Page

Sorry for the delay, it took a little longer to create this than I expected. I actually had it finished a couple days ago but decided to re-shoot the video as I wasn't as level as I could have been and it was throwing off the axis tilt measurements.

I went ahead and included information on calculating revs in the video since that is a pretty common thing people want, even though I see that the wiki already discusses calculating revs (I used a slightly different method). Let me know if you guys think I should separate that part of the video and put it into it's own wiki page, or remove it completely, or leave it like it is. Also let me know if anything isn't clear enough or if I've made any mistakes.

Can the video be embedded into the wiki page? Or would that use too much bandwidth? Is there a better way to post a video in the wiki?

I've also updated the overlay image again to make it easier to use, it's not as pretty to look at by itself but once it is over the ball it's easier to see than it was before. If anyone thinks it needs further refinement let me know.

Thanks.

-- Using Video To Measure Rev Rate, Speed, Tilt & Rotation --
-- Tips - How To Capture Video For Rev Rate, Speed, Tilt, & Rotation Measurement --
-- Tips - Video Capture For Bowler Assessment / Coaching --

Last edited by MattInTheHat on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation
 Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 am Post Number: #2 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 3
MattInTheHat wrote:
Wiki entry -- http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ilt%26Revs

Sorry for the delay, it took a little longer to create this than I expected. I actually had it finished a couple days ago but decided to re-shoot the video as I wasn't as level as I could have been and it was throwing off the axis tilt measurements.

I went ahead and included information on calculating revs in the video since that is a pretty common thing people want, even though I see that the wiki already discusses calculating revs (I used a slightly different method). Let me know if you guys think I should separate that part of the video and put it into it's own wiki page, or remove it completely, or leave it like it is. Also let me know if anything isn't clear enough or if I've made any mistakes.

Can the video be embedded into the wiki page? Or would that use too much bandwidth? Is there a better way to post a video in the wiki?

I've also updated the overlay image again to make it easier to use, it's not as pretty to look at by itself but once it is over the ball it's easier to see than it was before. If anyone thinks it needs further refinement let me know.

Thanks.

Dude, that's fricken AWESOME! Well done man. Now, I just need to get my hands on a decent camera and we're in business :)

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818

Post subject: Re: Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation
 Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm Post Number: #3 Post

Reputation Power: 10
MattInTheHat wrote:

Yes you can, I coded that functionality a couple of months ago.
There is a button on the editor's bar for youtube.

Here is the code:
Code:
{{#ev:youtube|YouTubeID|SIZE}}

Dont edit "#ev:youtube""
YouTubeID in this case is yFAKC09cd0E
A good size is probably 500 pixels, but its flexible to whatever size you want.

So, you'd end up with:
Code:
{{#ev:youtube|yFAKC09cd0E|500}}

Give it a shot, thanks for contributing.

Board index » General Forums » General Bowling