how exact does double have to be

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

how exact does double have to be

Post by elgavachon »

I am trying to figure out how close to exact the thumb hole, mass bias, wt hole configuration has to be to perfect in order to move the axis. The reason is Mo gave me a 75* 3 1/4 25* with a P3 hole for a base line. That gives me the double thumb appearance with the proximity of the wt hole to the thumb, but with the mass bias in the thumb. I tried that on a plugged and redrilled symetrical and my pap didn't change. I don't know if that is because the ball was symetrical or if everything has to be exact to move the pap.( including the 4 inch pin). I was going to try it on an assymetrical but I didn't really want to have a val angle less than the recommended 20* or a 2 1/4 pin.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: how exact does double have to be

Post by Mo Pinel »

elgavachon wrote:I am trying to figure out how close to exact the thumb hole, mass bias, wt hole configuration has to be to perfect in order to move the axis. The reason is Mo gave me a 75* 3 1/4 25* with a P3 hole for a base line. That gives me the double thumb appearance with the proximity of the wt hole to the thumb, but with the mass bias in the thumb. I tried that on a plugged and redrilled symetrical and my pap didn't change. I don't know if that is because the ball was symetrical or if everything has to be exact to move the pap.( including the 4 inch pin). I was going to try it on an assymetrical but I didn't really want to have a val angle less than the recommended 20* or a 2 1/4 pin.
The axis point movement on a "Double Thumb" layout is NOT the same for everyone. Removing the most mass from the nearest places to the PSA creates the circumstances that lead to axis point movement. Specifically, the thumb hole on one side of the PSA and the balance hole on the other side of the PSA in very close proximity to the PSA.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)