Summer - The season of?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Summer - The season of?

Post by kajmk »

vicsmyth wrote:Try a different house, local mom and pop owned (actually father and son, both PBA members) that is well maintained, that is into the sport of bowling, not entertainment.

That sounds like a golden opportunity. I'd be curious to hear more about this, the type of lane surface, patterns, your observations, lessons learned.
If they will share the approximate age and lines bowled bowled since surface maintenance, that would be interesting.

Thanks for your reply. I hope it's enjoyable and you benefit from the experience.
Stealthy, there are no more family owned and operated centers here that I know of.

Bowling on challenging conditions is an honest measure of a bowler's skills and an opportunity to sharpen the sword.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
nwohbowler
Positive Axis Point: 6 x 1
Speed: 17 foul line
Rev Rate: 440
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70

Post by nwohbowler »

The season of getting back into bowling league. I did things a bit backward and jumped straight into scratch tournaments at the tail end of winter when I came back from a long long break from bowling. Now I was able to join a league for the spring/summer. Three big benefits are I get to meat people who may have a spot or start a team I can join come fall, I'm bowling with people of a much higher caliber than I ever have before because this league is scratch singles which is causing me to up my game, and I get to practice for free since I'm in the spring/summer league. Used to be, summer was the season of Golf and forgetting bowling, but for some reason the last couple years I just haven't had the desire to golf much and having bowling practice be free takes away almost any desire to pay for golfing right now.
Right handed
Rev Rate 420s
Ball speed at release 17
Axis point 6 3/16" and 1" up
Tilt 17 degrees
Rotation 70 degrees
vicsmyth

Post by vicsmyth »

kajmk wrote:

...I'd be curious to hear more about this, the type of lane surface, patterns, your observations, lessons learned...
Here's the info you're looking for: https://beverlylanes.com/INFO/HISTORY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their house shot has a bit of an OOB area, no free hook on the outside, but crisp backends. So far in two practice sessions the shot is really consistent. Plus I might just run into Liz Johnson or Carmen Salvino who practice there.
ICURNVS
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 -> 3/4 up
Speed: 16.8 Monitor
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 30
Heavy Oil Ball: Zen Master
Medium Oil Ball: Power Torq / UFO Alert / Honey Badger Revival
Light Oil Ball: Marvel Pearl / Stellar
Preferred Company: What ever is on Sale

Post by ICURNVS »

My Son is going to JR Gold this year.

Since he no longer listens to me.. I have someone working with him weekly on his overall game.

I had a really really bad year, so i have been paying attention to what they are working one.

I prefer not to bowl in the summer, but with JR Gold coming up i wanted to keep him busy 1 night a week that he usually does not have baseball, so we joined a Jr Adult league.

I have used what they are working on and turned my game around to the point i actually look forward to going bowling monday nights. Amazing when you stop being stubborn, and listen to someone else what improvments can be made.
** UPDATED STATS AS OF 6-06-19 **
Right Hand
PAP 4 1/2-> 3/4 up
ROTATION 20 - 30
TILT 11.5*
MPH 14.5-15.2 MONITOR
RPM 350-375
RIP Visionary Bowling Products.....
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

My Son is going to JR Gold this year.

Since he no longer listens to me.. I have someone working with him weekly on his overall game.

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."--Mark Twain.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John