Bowling Reality TV Show

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

glssmn2001

Re: Bowling Reality TV Show

Post by glssmn2001 »

MeNoRevs wrote: You would be perfect for AMF Management. You could keep the ongoing "fun" atmosphere going on, with the birthday parties, midnight madness, bumper bowling, etc.

Bowling is not a "simple" sport, far from it, so lets stop pretending. Not everyone can bowl, bowling takes athletic ability, intelligence, stamina to bowl at the highest level! I almost take offense that you refer to the sport that I love and call it "simple".

Don't you think the PBA tour has made it "simple"? How much "simpler" do you want it to be? Or let me ask you this, what are they doing right now on the TV shows in the last year that made it "to technical" that puts the audience to sleep?

I could be wrong, but I think the word "simple" is being used describe the sport as it is seen, simple. As in, man picks up ball man rolls ball, simple. That is how bowling is viewed, isn't it, and that is why bowling is not on tv. The general public thinks anyone can bowl, and they are partially correct. Aren't they ????
Moving on, while I think the idea to add some sort of reality element is interesting, when you get down to it, who is going to be interested in it ?? We are, the bowler who frequent this site and others like it and deep down we all know this to be true, for the most part. What I would like to see is more of bowling throughout the week, the qualifying rounds, that is where the real drama is.
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Re: Bowling Reality TV Show

Post by TomaHawk »

MeNoRevs wrote: You would be perfect for AMF Management. You could keep the ongoing "fun" atmosphere going on, with the birthday parties, midnight madness, bumper bowling, etc.

Bowling is not a "simple" sport, far from it, so lets stop pretending. Not everyone can bowl, bowling takes athletic ability, intelligence, stamina to bowl at the highest level! I almost take offense that you refer to the sport that I love and call it "simple".

Don't you think the PBA tour has made it "simple"? How much "simpler" do you want it to be? Or let me ask you this, what are they doing right now on the TV shows in the last year that made it "to technical" that puts the audience to sleep?
It is probably true, managing an AMF center would not be out of the realm of possibilities, nor would managing the PBA. Look at the two entities, light years apart. But, they are intricately intertwined.

There is nothing wrong with the people who only wish to play three games a week averaging 230. If it makes them feel good and want to come back next week, next year, and for the rest of their lives, I'm all for it. Everyone in this business should all be for it.
As for me personally, my experience in the bowling world allows me to be comfortable with any average, in any league or tournament, including the PBA.

The PBA is not even remotely enjoyable to anyone who does not or did not have access to the amount of practice and dedication it takes to be a top notch PBA member. Even then, look at how few PBA members have actually had success at it. Now, everyone wants to bring the PBA experience to the once a week, average league bowler. They will quit.

Let's say we have a birthday party at one of those AMF houses. There is a person who would have never stepped inside of a bowling center except for this birthday party. This person is a little competitive, a five year old just beat them. This person vows, it will never happen again. Why?