RadicalBowlingLLC

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

RadicalBowlingLLC

Post by guruU2 »

Anybody have any information on why Phil C left 900 Global to form another/new ball company: RadicalBowlingLLC?
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: RadicalBowlingLLC

Post by MegaMav »

I heard it was at the beginning of the year.
I'd think it was amicable if he announced a new project this fast.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

MegaMav wrote:I heard it was at the beginning of the year.
I'd think it was amicable if he announced a new project this fast.

It was very amicable. Just a product of the modern economy, I'm thinking.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
RevZiLLa
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by RevZiLLa »

I wonder who will pour for him? Did he take the shoe brand with him too?
=======================================================
RevZ
blueraider86

Post by blueraider86 »

I am wondering how many companies we need with 22 domestic ball companies as it is. I wonder with such a small market in the US how these companies will survive in a shrinking sport in America. Now, overseas is another story. There are dozens if not 100's of overseas companies like Asics, Revolution, Genesis, ABS etc...

Lets See:

AMF
Brunswick
Columbia
Caffeine Sports
Ebonite
Hammer
Track
Columbia
900 Global
Morich
Lane 1
Lane Masters
Motiv
Elite
Storm
Roto Grip
Azo
Seismic
Jet
On The Bowling
Lanehawk
Visionary

I remember when we were coming up we had:

AMF, Brunswick, Columbia, Roto Star, and Ebonite. The new comers and ones that consequently die out quickly were, Mark X, Star Trak, Gem Tek, Randolph's Classic, and EUI. At least Faball stayed around 20 years.

Manhattan had already been absorbed by Ebonite. Ace had gone away. Ripley was out of business. Cheap Japanese balls like High Skore and Mikassa were junk to begin with.

There have been 100's since that died very quickly too. Remember ASU, Sports Tec, Nu-Line, and PInbreaker? Too many to list here. I complied a list once for BR and the list had over 100 bowling ball companies that went out of business!

Don't people learn from history? The ball companies that stay around forever are like Ebonite Int'l, and Storm which produce 10,000 ball a day between them.

BR86
steve s
Preferred Company: none

Post by steve s »

Some companies were bought out by others like Nu Line after they introduced the first reactive ball that was a big hit ...If memory serves me correctly....I think Columbia bought them out ....Buy out the competition ...modern business model...Steve S
kidlost2000
THS Average: 228
Positive Axis Point: 5.5
Speed: 16.5
Rev Rate: 300
Heavy Oil Ball: Wicked Siege, Perfection X
Medium Oil Ball: Wicked Siege x2 Speed Master
Light Oil Ball: Slingshot, Wicked Siege
Preferred Company: Brunswick/Revolution, Morich

Post by kidlost2000 »

Buy outs and morphs into other companies is what happened to many.

It is like any business. Someone comes along that thinks they have a better product or idea and pursues that dream. If they didn't you wouldn't have many of the companies you have today.

I agree if I were trying to create a new company if possible I would want to get in on the overseas market.(Asia/Japan area) Bowling seems to be bigger there with the amount of releases companies put out for them.
"today I went shopping and talk is still cheap"
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Post by scotts33 »

I could list 200 golf club manufacturers/sellers that have come and went in the past 30 years.

Since, open models exist in the club manufacturing biz nothing is sacred in many models.

If one would list the manufacturing facilities that would be more a true barometer of how many brands/labels are truly out there and who produces them. ie. Faball St. Louis, Baltimore, Utah. Only the St. Louis plant exists today as far as I know and produces Visionary.

The ones that were added....Lanemasters/Legends Stockton, CA, Motiv/Tech-Line Muskegon, MI (NOT in the old Big B facility). What other new ones have been built/added?

The others are in existing facilities. EBI (C300, Ebo, Track, Hammer) Hopkinsville, KY and 900G (AMF, Seismic) the old C300 San Antonio plant, Storm/RG (Azo) Brigham City, UT.

Big B (MoRich) to Mexico. I forget where Lane #1 is done these days. I think 900G?
Revkiller
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 3/4 up
Speed: 16.5 - 17.
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Nomad Solid / MoRich Frenzy
Light Oil Ball: MoRich Mojave
Preferred Company: Storm / MoRich

Post by Revkiller »

There have been 100's since that died very quickly too. Remember ASU, Sports Tec, Nu-Line, and PInbreaker? Too many to list here. I complied a list once for BR and the list had over 100 bowling ball companies that went out of business!

Don't people learn from history? The ball companies that stay around forever are like Ebonite Int'l, and Storm which produce 10,000 ball a day between them.

BR86[/quote]

BlueRaider86, to answer a few of your questions, we will have as many ball companies as the purchasing public choose to support. You asked the question "Don't people learn from history", well they certainly do! Current corporate giants Microsoft and Apple were started in garages by people who had little else but an idea and a dream. Who back then could compete with IBM??? Amazon.com, did not earn a single dollar for 10 years but made it through the internet bubble bust to become the business model for certain types of online retailing while an industry innovator Borders Booksellers will file for bankruptcy this week.

While it is true that only two in ten new small businesses will survive beyond two years and one in ten beyond five years it is that ten percent who succeed who fuel the American Dream. In good times and in bad the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in these United States. As I recall Storm was not producing bowling balls when I began bowling, nor later on when I was a competitive bowler yet they seem to be doing fairly well in today's industry.

You hear it all the time from famous entrepreneurs: Long before they were running multimillion-dollar companies, they were flexing their entrepreneurial skills by selling lemonade on the corner, building gadgets in their garage or hosting weekly college beer pong tournaments or they were the backbones and engines that made other companies successful . It seems that behind every successful mogul is a kid who grew up knowing they were born for business or a man who has accumulated a half a life time of experience who knows he can do it better.

For the record I believe our own Mo Pinel started his bowling ball company just 10 years ago and while MoRich is not a giant corporation they make high quality equipment. My boys and I have several bags full of his equipment and enjoy it immensely, we also have some Storm and Brunswick and enjoy that equipment as well. If Mo thought the way you are thinking (relative to your question about history) he would still be designing balls for another company and possibly some of his ability to innovate would have been stifled.
Some of the best ideas and innovation we have ever seen come from small entrepreneurial companies and weather they survive or not those ideas and products find their way to a the marketplace where we all benefit.

I don't ask the question " Don't people learn from history", I ask what will Phil and Radical Bowling bring to the industry, I hope something new and exciting, who knows, but I wish them the best.

There are many more people who will ask your question as opposed to mine, it just my way of thinking.
If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
crazyjim
Preferred Company: all

Post by crazyjim »

don't you just love free enterprize