Bowling can boost egos

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sawbones
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Bowling can boost egos

Post by Sawbones »

Thru the yrs I have seen bums in real life become idols when on the lanes. Kids look up to those who can bowl at a higher level than the average Joe Bowler.
For many I feel its a blessing that those bums can toss a ball better than most. It gives them an ego boost that makes them feel important and looked up to where in real life they are always looked down upon.
Some use bowling as a way of trying to win the popularity contest. They may not be good bowlers but they go out of their way to make friends and try to bring in a fresh air attitude. You know the type.
Then there are those who were never good enough to make the team in other sports but found they could become very good bowlers and gives them the feeling they are a jock afterall. You know the type.
If one looks at those in leagues those who are successful in real life seem to be able to continue to enjoy themselves while bowling even if they continue to carry a low average. Its those who dont have much going for them in real life that get very upset when they are bowling badly. You know the type.
Bowlers who take the game seriously and become very good do not understand how anyone could enjoy bowling when they never reach a level beyond Joe Bowler.
Bowling means many different things to those who bowl.
I think its a shame when a bowler has to stomp out of the center in a huff because he did not perform up the level he feels he should.
I love the bowler who is good but has a bad nite and when asked how he bowled he says he bowled like crap but still had a good time. That is the person I would enjoy sitting down with after the league and have a good chat. Bones
Rest In Peace
Passed 10/20/2009 - Muskogee OK
Age 83
Oklahoma State Hall of Fame
mmcfarland300

Re: Bowling can boost egos

Post by mmcfarland300 »

Unfortunatley in todays world they are few and far between. I think alot of it has to do with the competition, I know if I bowl badly and it costs the team I take it harder but its because we lost, I we win and I bowl badly doesn't hurt so bad.
"Another day will bring a different result"
"Pick your battles because stressing over things will not change an outcome"