Phaze2

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Phaze2

Post by SomyP »

My pro shop is ordering me a phaze 2. Looking for ideas for layouts that would be best. Stats are 15-16mph avg ball speed. Rev rate of 330-360. Rotation is around 45 degrees and tilt is 25 degrees. Yes I am a lower rotation spinner. PAP is 4 inches to the right by 1 inch up. I want the ball to be an all around except really dry or oily. Something I can start on fresh and just move left or up ball speed as the night goes on.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Phaze2

Post by TonyPR »

Is the speed measured off the hand or on the speed monitor? This is important, if off the hand you’re very rev dominant if it’s monitor you’re slightly rev dominant, this will affect your layout decision.

You are correct, 25* is high tilt so in a symm you will very likely be using plenty of surface. Throwing it faster will just make it read less.

Is this for sport or house? Phase II is a great ball btw
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: Phaze2

Post by SomyP »

Speed is measured off the monitor. And I was looking to use it as an all around ball for both house and sport, simply adjusting speed and angles as necessary. Drilled it up today and both pro shop operator and I agreed on 45x3.5x50 for the phaze 2. Haven't thrown it yet, but I feel it's a ball I should have added to the arsenal a long time ago.