Surface adjustment advice

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

GAFrank

Re: Surface adjustment advice

Post by GAFrank »

Thanks for the advice!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

GAFrank wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:03 am I bowl with a bunch of people that are all over the place with plastic balls, back up balls, you name it for a bunch of seniors.
I think I see the problem. LOL !
Reminds me of the old joke where your opponent moves off the 2nd arrow, and is out of his "comfort zone".
This is a bunch of social bowlers who are carving and chopping up the lane surface six ways from Sunday; a free-for-all.
With all this plastic, you are going to see more carry-down sooner causing you to have less back-ends - hurting your scoring.
You are going to see the oil pattern destroyed a lot sooner than you would with a league of better bowlers.
The forgiving house shot (see attached) allows all types of bowlers with all types of equipment to enjoy varying degrees of success using different parts of the lane. You probably see series of good/bad/good games or bad/good/bad games, etc.
With this scenario, you may need a little more surface on that pearl, and the ability to go around them (play deeper inside or play outside) if you can't drive through them.
A local coach who knows this environment might be able to give you some tips on how to better play this situation.
Good luck !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Oops, sorry T-Hawk, I didn''t see your post. Having major problems replying to posts here.
Bowling Is More Art Than Science
"Glenn is not an expert..."
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Glenn wrote: June 8th, 2021, 2:54 am Oops, sorry T-Hawk, I didn''t see your post. Having major problems replying to posts here.
Major problems? Would you please share more information with me via PM?
Thanks.
GAFrank

Post by GAFrank »

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And I did notice that I should be able to play more inside as long as I get a little more hand into it.
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

GAFrank wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:46 am Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And I did notice that I should be able to play more inside as long as I get a little more hand into it.
...the goal is to do less, not more. It's something that is learned with a coach.
Last edited by TomaHawk on June 10th, 2021, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GAFrank

Post by GAFrank »

Got it, thanks.