General COVID-19 and Bowling Environment Discussion

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Glenn

Re: General COVID-19 and Bowling Environment Discussion

Post by Glenn »

why did you evade the issue namely there have been no studies done that identify a virus known as SARS-CoV-2
But you cannot find such a study can you.
...have not been used to prove SARS-CoV-2 exist and causes a disease coded as COVID-19
LOL! This position is straight out of the GlobalResearch which seem to be the source of most of these talking points. D. Van Zandt 7/20/2016) Updated (4/22/2020) – Media Bias/Fact Check states: “Overall, we rate GlobalResearch a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Strong Pseudoscience website based on the promotion of unproven information such as the dangers of Vaccines and 9-11 as a false flag operation.“

Google is your friend. If memory serves me, Koch's Postulates were fulfilled for SARS about 15 years ago. A quick search for “Koch's postulates fulfilled for SARS” and “Koch's postulates fulfilled for SARS-COV-2” revealed any number of published papers stating that Koch's postulates had been fulfilled. Here are a few:
https://www.nature.com/articles/423240a
https://journals.lww.com/infectdis/page ... ue=11000&a
The aetiology of SARS: Koch's postulates fulfilled.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12748632/
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 7.939389v3
I am NOT going to go down the rabbit hole of you moving on to now refute these papers and the research.

Once identified, testing was developed that can detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus in clinical samples (Mayo Clinic, et. al).
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Why are you missing these details?
I don't feel like I am missing anything. I may miss something when I have to unpack these core dumps of yours. I assume your strategy is to overwhelm the discussion with as many arguments as possible (usually in a single post), without regard for accuracy or strength of the arguments (the Gish gallop debating technique). Rather than cherry-pick through point-in-time reporting on an ever-changing problem where new information is uncovered all the time, I prefer to review the WHO daily Corona-virus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports for the current COVID-19 epidemiological situation.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

That is why these organization have no credibility with many doctors like myself.
You mean chiropractors (DC not DO) who are not virologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, or research scientists like the ones onboard at these organizations you try to discredit?
Last edited by Glenn on August 14th, 2020, 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

My side of references that you can use are ...
Wow, the dark side is strong in this one! That's quite a rogue's gallery of people in the alternative “facts”, conspiracists, anti-everything, and deniers business. I have previously commented on some of these on the alternative media landscape. For the sake of (my) time, I will pick some of the low-hanging fruit to get a flavor for these references. I would caution the casual reader to use Google to search the Internet for a more balanced look at the subject and these individuals before diving into this right-wing territory.

Dr. Delores Cahill's claim to expertise is a PhD and a professorship at University College Dublin, School of Medicine, which on its face initially seems relevant to the discussion of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. What is often left out in discussing her background is that she also happens to be chairwoman for the Irish Freedom Party, a right-wing Euro-skeptic party with a history of amplifying or outright endorsing a range of conspiracy theories including the white nationalist "grand replacement" conspiracy theory.

Dr. Judy Milkvitz (I assume you mean “Mikovits”) is of Plandemic viral conspiracy video fame (YouTube, Facebook, and other platforms have taken down the video because of inaccuracies) and a colorful character. Her controversial career in the scientific community has been punctuated by an arrest, lawsuit, retracted research study, allegations against Fauci, and clashes with the founders of the Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease, which is located in Reno, Nevada. It’s not clear which fraud and what cover-up Mikovits is talking about exactly. There is no evidence that Fauci was involved in a cover-up or that anyone was paid off with funding from him or his institute. No one has been charged with fraud in relation to Mikovits’s allegations.

Dr. Pam Popper, an alleged naturopath, is a senior level Juice Plus distributor, and a narrator on various Juice Plus training and promotional recordings. According to the Juice Plus Research Blog team, “Popper also offers, for a fee, questionable “wellness” training programs that provide dubious certification as a “Health Coach” or “Health Educator”. At least some of those who are certified by Popper have gone on to become Juice Plus distributors. We seriously question the integrity of anyone who recommends Juice Plus gummies for children, let alone kids with diabetes.”

and the places they hang out:

londonreal.tv have pivoted full-scale towards controversial and conspiratorial figures, including an interview with Alex Jones, the founder of the original and most famous conspiracy site, Infowars, who Rose described as “a great man”. London Real is following Infowars’ lucrative model of monetizing conspiracy. And, gotten a lot of scam and fraud complaints in the process.

healthimpactnews.com, founded in 2011, Health Impact News is an alternative medicine, holistic, and nutrition website. They are published by Sophia Media and Brian Shilhavy is the Managing Editor. Media Bias/Fact Check rates Health Impact News a Quackery-level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda as well as chem-trails, geoengineering and false information regarding GMO’s.

bitchute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists. The platform was created in 2017 to allow video uploaders to avoid content rules enforced on YouTube. Some creators who have been banned or had their channels barred from receiving advertising revenue ("demonetized") on YouTube have migrated to BitChute/BitCoins.
Last edited by Glenn on August 14th, 2020, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

With this post, Daryl, I am done feeding you and your alternate “facts” bias.

I find it curious that you would take what seems like an inordinate amount of time and energy to do “research”, fixate on denying the existence and severity of this disease, refuse to take simple steps to help mitigate its spread, and troll the Internet to preach your point of view (to which you are completely entitled). Also, I don't know how this relates to chiropractic, or if this is just a hobby interest of yours. I don't know if you have any other passionate interests, but you seem obsessed with this one.

it was fun, but I am done wasting my time on this blog post.

Good Luck.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

We've deviated from respectful discourse, I am locking this.