KTC Webinar - Personalizing your bowling ball arsenal to win

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

KTC Webinar - Personalizing your bowling ball arsenal to win

Post by bowl1820 »

Coach Del Warren and Brent discuss the strategies needed in a bowling ball arsenal to give you the best chance to win. Recorded in Jan of 2020.

"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Glenn

Re: KTC Webinar - Personalizing your bowling ball arsenal to win

Post by Glenn »

I listened in on that Webinar, and found it to be very useful. I have struggled to get my over-sized arsenal pared down. I dug out all of the bowling balls I have, and placed them in a spreadsheet (attached) that mimics their template. It quickly "showed me the way". I know first-hand that Del likes pin down layouts on SYM balls while Mo is not a fan. Brent mentioned recycling, but didn't elaborate. I have a difficult time finding ANYONE interested in taking my cast offs, and I hate to throw them in the trash or burn them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by guruU2 »

Thanks for posting. Excellent presentation. Simple lesson: Know thyself, know my tools, recognize the environment and then make authentic choices.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Glenn, you can donate your excess balls to youth leagues.

Note, Mo was once Del’s teacher, coaches evolve and develop their own theories based on their own empirical data they have gathered and Del has done just that. Not saying that Mo or Del are right or wrong but they both have their logical reasoning behind their recommendations and it’s hard to argue with either one.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by guruU2 »

What this difference of opinion shows is that the sport is far from having definitive, scientific solutions to many of the current issues. The best the PLAYER can do is study the sport from diverse perspectives and then be open to using an evolving, but rational. paradigm in order to make make authentic decisions. Since the more we know, the more we realize how much we do not know and thus understand that there will probably be no definitive answer(s). The realization that what we know NOT to be true is far greater than what we know to be true.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Gary your reply is one of the best ever here at BowlingChat, double thumbs up. We are most open to learn when our mind is flexible.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent