Bad welcoming to new league with pissed off people etc

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Bad welcoming to new league with pissed off people etc

Post by krava » January 28th, 2020, 7:06 am

I don't know how to word the topic. What happened today upsets me a little and I was wondering if it ever happened to someone else.

I joined this no tap league because there are several advantages

#1fresh oil
#2 better then playing by yourself because the lanes can break down and you can deal with the transition sooner(I want to be forced to make alot of changes per game so I can get used to it)
#3 the average doesn't get reported
#4 opportunity to bowl for free depending on how well you bowl etc (each 300 is $5. You only need a couple of them to pay for it, also colored pins etc).

I told the league secretary last week i wanted to join a team there and I couldn't make it in. Somehow they had my average at 140 and 90 handicap. in practice, I drilled the pocket getting the first 3 X and maybe leaving a 10 or something the next shot. The people on that team had no idea who i was. While we were still in practice they were all pissed off bitching saying there is no way I could have 90 handicap and that I haven't even missed. They didn't give our team any time to take the handicap away or anything. I told them that I would probably end up with 0. Then I heard something about 220+ I am not sure if the people next to them told them I had a 220+ average on wed or what. (doesn't count with 6 games though).

The first game I had my thumb stick in the ball on a shot and give me 7.Then also in the 10th frame, I had a broken wrist maybe and that made me come up short of the pocket, other then that every shot was in the 1-3, some light some flush, none high though. I remember something else. The highest average on that team was 231. His team mate said that giving me 90 pins is like giving him 100. (he has 8). if I had to guess by the way he bowled, he probably averages 160-170 without no tap (has a decent hook but no control).

Anyway I never got 1 hand pat or anything said to me (which is fine). The guy with the 231 quit the last game before they started for no reason. He was shooting like 160 average or something no tap. We were like 2 people in on the last frame of the last game, and the entire team just finished and disappeared and left. I asked the guy that bowls on my new team that i do know, and he said that "I pissed them off". I was throwing the ball half way decent finally pointing my ring finger at the pins to start and probably averaged 230 again without the no tap. (8 or 9 natural strikes per game with 5 in a row was the max I had).

There are 3 other good bowlers on the small group of teams. One bowls like 4-5 leagues a week for the past who knows how many years. He has a 211 average. He throws the ball the same way for years without changing. I think he ended up 230-240 the past league (this is split into 2 seasons for the year). They don't have a problem with him, and now I get up there and it is like I don't even belong in the thing. The other 2 people that I was talking about, 1 was on my team that has like a 203 or so non no tap average. Then the other guy is 205 and bowls with the same guy on tuesday. I mean they don't think it is fair or what? I already have 0 handicap do i need to have -40 or something? This is a non competitive league supposedly and where I can practice throwing 3rd arrow and left of it.

This is my 1st day actually throwing the ball what I call 100% correct (nothing that I can tell needs to be changed at all). I only played 1 league and don't get as much practice as those other 3 guys. They also have been throwing the ball the way they have without changing anything, year after year and now my 1st day I get met like this.

Has anyone else go to a league where they basically acted like you don't belong and get the hell out or something?

Daryl
THS Average: 226
Positive Axis Point: 5 13/16 x 5/16 up
Speed: 15.38 at foul line
Rev Rate: 390
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 55

Re: Bad welcoming to new league with pissed off people etc

Post by Daryl » January 28th, 2020, 3:01 pm

About thirty years ago a friend of mine asked if I would bowl with him in a handicap league for fun. I never bowled handicap only scratch at the time, but I said okay. After bowling three weeks and 9 games in the league the league members had a meeting and decided to kick me out of the league because I averaged over 220.
Right Handed Stats:
RPM (off hand) 390
Speed (off hand) 15.3 mph
Axis Tilt; 18 degrees
Axis Rotation: 55 degrees
PAP: 5 13/16" x 5/16" up

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 » January 28th, 2020, 7:32 pm

krava wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 7:06 am
I don't know how to word the topic. What happened today upsets me a little and I was wondering if it ever happened to someone else.

I joined this no tap league because there are several advantages

#1fresh oil
#2 better then playing by yourself because the lanes can break down and you can deal with the transition sooner(I want to be forced to make alot of changes per game so I can get used to it)
#3 the average doesn't get reported
#4 opportunity to bowl for free depending on how well you bowl etc (each 300 is $5. You only need a couple of them to pay for it, also colored pins etc).

I told the league secretary last week i wanted to join a team there and I couldn't make it in.
Okay I assume this wasn't the first night of that league and it had already started and You joined the league last week, But you couldn't start till this week.
Somehow they had my average at 140 and 90 handicap.
That looks like the vacancy score that spot had before you joined and if your name was on the recap. They just probably didn't update it and leave it blank.

I'm guessing you would be establishing average depending on what the league rules are regarding enter averages of course. Did you bother to see what the rules were when you started? get a copy?

They didn't give our team any time to take the handicap away or anything.
What do mean they didn't give you time to address it? Regardless if the other team just jumped up and started bowling as soon as the practice ended. That doesn't stop you or your team captain from going to the Sec. and straightening it out before you start bowling.

Plus if the other team didn't think the handicaps were right, it's the teams captain responsibility to have it looked into before they start.
I told them that I would probably end up with 0.
That statement say's to me you knew you were establishing average. In that instance all you had to do was tell the other team that the handicaps weren't right, that you were establishing average and they wouldn't know what the handicap was till the end.
Anyway I never got 1 hand pat or anything said to me (which is fine).
If it's fine then don't bring it up.
The guy with the 231 quit the last game before they started for no reason. He was shooting like 160 average or something no tap. We were like 2 people in on the last frame of the last game, and the entire team just finished and disappeared and left. I asked the guy that bowls on my new team that i do know, and he said that "I pissed them off".

Well if they got PO'd that's their problem.
There are 3 other good bowlers on the small group of teams. One bowls like 4-5 leagues a week for the past who knows how many years. He has a 211 average. He throws the ball the same way for years without changing. I think he ended up 230-240 the past league (this is split into 2 seasons for the year). They don't have a problem with him, and now I get up there and it is like I don't even belong in the thing. The other 2 people that I was talking about, 1 was on my team that has like a 203 or so non no tap average. Then the other guy is 205 and bowls with the same guy on tuesday. I mean they don't think it is fair or what? I already have 0 handicap do i need to have -40 or something? This is a non competitive league supposedly and where I can practice throwing 3rd arrow and left of it.
This is my 1st day actually throwing the ball what I call 100% correct (nothing that I can tell needs to be changed at all). I only played 1 league and don't get as much practice as those other 3 guys. They also have been throwing the ball the way they have without changing anything, year after year and now my 1st day I get met like this.

You know in so many of your posts you talk about how everyone has more experience than you, they practice more than you etc.etc. and how it doesn't seem fair. This putting on the poor mouth (exaggerating the direness of one's situation) is kind of getting old.

Going by your posts and what I've seen of your standing sheets online, Your a 200+ average bowler who practices all the time even when your sick or injured and shouldn't be. You been to the training center, nationals, tournaments. Your not a low average beginner that's just starting out.

The problem here was everyone thought you were sandbagging, that you came in with a low average high handicap but they could see your really a 200+ bowler. Then no one bothered to find out what was really going on or check on anything They just sat there and started stewing.

Has anyone else go to a league where they basically acted like you don't belong and get the hell out or something?
As for me no.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."

MegaMav
THS Average: 230
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5 Over 1/2 Up
Speed: 15.25 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - The Closer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswck - Forest Quantum
Light Oil Ball: DV8 - Poison Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav » January 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Krava,

Based on how you talk about people you bowl with and against on here, if I heard you talk like that in person (which I suspect you do), I wouldnt like you either.
Personally, I think you're a whiner, you have thin skin (with a big ego) and like to blame other people for problems directly related to flaws in your mental and physical game.

Be more approachable, be friendly, extend that hand first before expecting others to extend it for you.
You are NOT God's gift to bowling, people do not have to bow before you and kiss your ring.
Get over yourself, maybe then you'll be more likable.

I'm locking this.
You open one more smarmy, "woe is me", the world hates me post, I'm banning you. Got it?
Last warning. This forum is not joining your pity party.
8316_9x18_LosersAssemble_BLK-YELL__34547.1535561791.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh