IRTC changed Specto info and sheets this week with different info etc

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

IRTC changed Specto info and sheets this week with different info etc

Post by krava »

Me and my cousin went to Dallas Tuesday. They said they just changed their specto info and we were "guinea pigs".

The pattern is something called the White Pine Beetle (which I looked a few min ago and couldn't find info on) But the pattern is the following:

If I am reading it correctly, the lane is oiled from 2-2. The tank conditioner is Water. I am not sure if that is normal or not. I threw the hustle almost straight down 5 and ended up dead center at the 6 pin. I didn't go prepared and the strongest ball I had was a radical consipracy that I just used with a 3000 grit wetsand on it, and it had 3-6 games after that. I had a storm supersonic but I feel that It went too long and barely turned on the backend. To me it was like the national pattern, miss right it won't come back at all. I bowled 3 games 10 shots a piece. I slowed down on game 3 and concentrated and will post that one first. They give you like 2 pages front and back of info. I don't do much with the 2nd and 3rd so front and back is important to me.

2nd game

3rd game

My cousin did 3 shots as well. He is a 2 finger bowler that cups the ball and then according to him "cranks the hell out of it". Here is my cousins median specto info which give you an idea how hard this thing is.

At first I stood on 25 threw over 10 out a little and the 1st ball ended up in the gutter. Then I moved to 20. This whole time, I stood on 20 and walked straight and tried to hit 10 (which I think I missed all 30 shots right but a tad). I am not used to being "squished" into such a tight area since I am not sure how close I am to my foot at release now. When I release the ball, I am probably standing on 18-19 when I hit around the 9 board in that info. it is so much easier trying to hit 10 standing 25 or 27.

I was worried more about trying to throw the same shot over again then worrying about throwing the ball correctly. I don't think 1 time I threw it totally correct where I could feel my fingers sweep through the ball and pull out of the ball. I probably turned early or slightly early every shot.

I still think they should give you 12 shots or 11 shots and take off the best shot and the worst shot so you can get an average. You can throw 1 bad shot and 9 perfect shots and still end up with a bad score. I had one miss to the right that messed up the scoring on one of those games. Also I think I perfer having all 10 pins standing instead of the middle 3. I like looking at the bottom of the rack of pins where I need to as the 1st focal point and then the breakpoint/area where the range finder is and then the mark. I lose the 1st focal point. The 1st 2 games, I caught myself looking up and taking my eyes off the target right before I release the ball.

One good thing is that I was suppose to have 1 lane and we were going to take turns throwing 10 shots each. They let us do side by side and only charged me for 1 hour $25 for the lanes, and we got close to an hour out of both. If this was a shot I was trying to score on, I would have pulled my target in, probably somewhere 14-15 and then out to 11-12 area. Since score wasn't an issue I only played where I am used to playing because I couldn't get any kind of decent score until the end. I was thinking this was going to be a house shot, and I was going to use specto on it to get an idea. My cousin said that he was trying to "hit the pins" and couldnt' figure out the lane until the last ball of the last game and he says bowling on league doesn't prepare him for this. He then said, what is the purpose of league "isn't it to get us ready for nationals?" I had to straighten him how on that and that people want inflated scores etc. I don't know what specto does about gutter shots. My cousin said he threw the ball in the gutter over a dozen times, with some of that in practice, but I don't see it I don't think in specto.
krava
Probation
Probation

Re: IRTC changed Specto info and sheets this week with different info etc

Post by krava »

This thing doesn't let you edit any more I don't think. I have the wrong picture in for 2nd game back which should be this:
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Welcome to bowling gentlemen.
SST
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2-0
Speed: 18 off the hand
Rev Rate: 260
Axis Tilt: 30
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: KO Black, Dark Web.
Medium Oil Ball: Attitude Control, Zenith hybrid, Trend 2, IQ Tour.
Light Oil Ball: BigFoot.
Preferred Company: Storm, Radical

Post by SST »

I can't see the pics.
Patrice
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

the pictures don't show up?
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

krava wrote: December 19th, 2019, 3:44 am The pattern is something called the White Pine Beetle (which I looked a few min ago and couldn't find info on) But the pattern is the following:
Well at least they gave you the pattern sheet.
I didn't go prepared
Well you learned a lesson then, at least bring some pads with you so you can adjust your surfaces. You can do that during warmup.
My cousin did 3 shots as well. He is a 2 finger bowler that cups the ball and then according to him "cranks the hell out of it". Here is my cousins median specto info which give you an idea how hard this thing is.
Looking at his and your sheets, He was spraying the ball all over but your rev rates and ball speeds are about the same! You should be able to play a similar line to what he did. Which means you could move out of the track area and inside if you would actually practice doing it.

At first I stood on 25 threw over 10 out a little and the 1st ball ended up in the gutter. Then I moved to 20. This whole time, I stood on 20 and walked straight and tried to hit 10 (which I think I missed all 30 shots right but a tad). I am not used to being "squished" into such a tight area since I am not sure how close I am to my foot at release now. When I release the ball, I am probably standing on 18-19 when I hit around the 9 board in that info. it is so much easier trying to hit 10 standing 25 or 27.
Looking at the sheets the laydown board of your ball was consistently at about the 8 board all three games. If you were on 25 and hitting 8 then your drifting right a lot, so you might be standing on 18-19 when you finish (depending on how far from your ankle the ball is) your approach and hit around the 9 board. So that "squished" feeling is just probably you actually walking straight and not drifting.

I was worried more about trying to throw the same shot over again then worrying about throwing the ball correctly. I don't think 1 time I threw it totally correct where I could feel my fingers sweep through the ball and pull out of the ball. I probably turned early or slightly early every shot.
In a lot things on the sheets you look pretty consistent.
I still think they should give you 12 shots or 11 shots and take off the best shot and the worst shot so you can get an average. You can throw 1 bad shot and 9 perfect shots and still end up with a bad score. I had one miss to the right that messed up the scoring on one of those games.
"messed up the scoring on one of those games."?? But you say below scoring wasn't a issue.
Also I think I perfer having all 10 pins standing instead of the middle 3.
OH so they only put up the 1-2-3 pins, so you don't worry about scores and not look at the pins etc. and you have too work on focusing and everything else.

Also if you only had three pins up the word scoring should never even been mentioned.
If this was a shot I was trying to score on, I would have pulled my target in, probably somewhere 14-15 and then out to 11-12 area. Since score wasn't an issue I only played where I am used to playing because I couldn't get any kind of decent score until the end.
Let's see you would have played "somewhere 14-15 and then out to 11-12 area." but since you couldn't score you played the track area like you always do. So you squandered a opportunity to learn to play more inside, which going by your other posts is what you have a problem doing? What did you hope to learn, playing the same line you always do and never waiver far from?

I was thinking this was going to be a house shot, and I was going to use specto on it to get an idea.
Okay you expected a easy shot and found a hard one instead, Well that's what happens a lot of times when you go to a tournament.

You wanted a house shot to get a idea of what?
My cousin said that he was trying to "hit the pins" and couldnt' figure out the lane until the last ball of the last game and he says bowling on league doesn't prepare him for this.
Okay! That was a pretty accurate statement. The typical league conditions a league bowler plays on doesn't prepare you.

All in all the take away I have from all of this is you got good speed and revs, your fairly accurate and consistent. But you only play this narrow strip of boards on the lanes.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Post by 44boyd »

I would put zero faith in the rev rate, remember Specto had Norm Duke at 430 revs playing straight up 5.
Stacy
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

44boyd wrote: December 19th, 2019, 4:57 pm I would put zero faith in the rev rate, remember Specto had Norm Duke at 430 revs playing straight up 5.
Yeah a lot people wondered about rev rate on specto and how it's calculated and what affected it. I just remembered Kegel posted a video about calibrating Specto a couple of months back. In the comments someone asked about it and Kegel replied. Here was the reply.

"Rev rate is a calculation based on speed loss and lateral hook. In our testing, in most cases if the ball is hooking at least a few boards it is fairly accurate. If the person is super speed dominant or using a bowling ball like urethane that doesn't hook much then it will overinflate the rev rate calculated."

So basically the faster and/or straighter the ball is the higher the revs will read.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

Yup, He fits that description
Stacy
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

The rev rate is probably 75-100 inflated to me. I threw the ball bad with the testing and didn't rotate correctly. Today I threw the ball good most of the time and a lot higher rev rate then yesterday. I can see the difference in how the ball rolls etc. Yesterday I threw the GB3 and it went dead straight with no hook. I know the pattern was different but today I was throwing 12 out to probably 6 and back in.

I didn't want to throw 15 to 12 on spectro because I know if I miss 1 board right I would end up probably 5-7 boards right at the pins. I didn't have a ball with enough surface to play that area of the lane on that fresh condition. I wrote that wrong, I didn't exactly want a house shot but I wanted to know how accruate I am throwing / direction not straight up the boards. I need a shorter pattern so I can get some hook at the end so I can see. I don't have his sheets with me but my cousin lofts his ball a lot further then me. He "shot puts it" tosses it out and turns his hand competely around the ball when he throws it. I just turn my wrist slighly like a quarter of a turn.

They changed their layout on the sheet. They used to tell you levels l1-l6 with your speed control but they took that off now. I don't know what this power rating his and that is new. The bullseye thing is new and this accuracy score thing at the top is new along with the shot analysis.

when I say "scoring" on this I mean the performace range scoring.

i don't know what this performance range thing means. Is this what your performace range would be on this shot? I think it has to be because I am still averaging 225+ (with missing 1 easy 1 pin spare each game like tonight) The last 4+ times bowling when I am not injured including tonight.
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

So you wanted to see how accurate you are but didn’t throw the shot needed because you were afraid it’d show how inaccurate you are?
Stacy
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

that is what it probably sounded like yes. I didn't really concentrate hard until the 3rd try. I wasn't able to throw the shot I wanted because I wasn't thinking and didn't think they would put harder ? patterns out for regular open bowling. I went in there wanting to do 3 different lines. With what I had available, I only could play one line. They did ask me what pattern I wanted to put down and I did say it didn't matter. The next time I do this, I will have everything available. I will take some video of 15 to 10 or whatever this weekend. I want to show how week of a hit that does compared to coming directly from the right side. I could be wrong but I will see on sunday with a fresh pattern.

Anyway I still can't find info on that whitepine beetle pattern. that can't be some easy pattern. I am seeing 6:1 on the sheet. The lower the ration the harder it is. This according to kegal is extremely easy if it is 6:1. Then I look down and see 1.38 of some kind of ratio so I don't know what I am looking at. and what is this deal with the conditioner being water? is that normal or they wanted me to bowl on some kind of "ice" pattern or something. I don't think normal conditioner is water?
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

So now that you know you’re speed dominate, get used to using a lot of surface. You do not need a short pattern to see your ball move. Learn to get your speed down to 14 or hit your equipment with scotch brite pads or 1000 or lower so it reads the lane and hooks.
Stacy
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

Thanks for the info. I went to the bowling alley with a negative attitude and also was in a bad mood after being told I could come in and get a lane oiled. I got there 30 min after that and had to wait for over an hour and a half to get a lane. A long story short decided to play 4th arrow on the fresh (3rd arrow would be pretty easy and if we are going to do this we need to do this right). I got 3/20 good shots. Missed the 4th arrow an entire arrow (3rd) several times. I will post video at the end of the week, but I want another shot at it and not go in with such a negative attitude such as "I told you guys this wouldn't work". I used a radical conspiracy at 3000 wetsand but will take my 1000 2000 pads and use them if I need to.

To put this in perspective, I am as accurate at the 2nd arrow as I am at throwing the ball over 4th arrow getting the 10 pin. I have never missed more then a board (that I know of) right of 4th arrow while shooting that unless some thumb stuck problem. (today I missed the 4th arrow several times by an entire arrow and if I had to guess, I hit the 4th arrow or a board within it probably 30-40% of shots. i stood 3 boards left of the last dot when shooting 4th arrow. its the same place I stand to pick up the 3 6 10 with the spare over 4th arrow.

The problem is, I don't have a focal point close to the outermost range finder at 4th arrow. Right now I just look at the 3 pin and then 4th arrow and try to throw at that line. I miss right because I look over at 12 or so at the range finder and it messes things up. Also reducing my speed threw my timing completely off, I chicken winged the hell out of the ball and even saw myself trying to force the ball to hook by way way over turning it at the begining. I had almost no trust in the ball coming back. When I go back later on in the week, I will focus on timeing first, keeping hand on inside of the ball 2nd then worry about hitting the mark.
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

So you need to work on foot speed, slow it down. You do not need to shorten swing to lower speed. You can start up on the approach, figure out how to do it. Surface also slows your speed down, so don’t touch your league balls that you always use. But get your conspiracy down to 2000 or 1000 and see how it drops your speed and allows you to swing it. Getting lined up is part of the practice, you might have to take your right foot and point it at the head pin of the lane to the right. Open your shoulder up so you can project it right. If you wanna play in you got to figure out how you can do it.
Stacy
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

krava, just my opinion - two phrases come to mind that might be relevant to your path to progress: Analysis Paralysis & Comfort Zone.

May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John