Proper lane play on this one condition

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Posts: 1155
Joined: March 18th, 2016, 12:43 am
Preferred Company: hammer

Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by krava » December 6th, 2019, 8:34 am

I will describe the best way I can. (the question I have is contained in the *'s)

Short version: Lane seemed to have Light oil and LONG probably 45 feet. Oil was probably oiled 3-3 or 5-5 or something. Alot of hold on the inside and nothing on the outside. There is almost no backend reaction at all.

I started practice and had to move right and through straight up the boards almost. I might have been 10 to 8 with a factory finish storm rocketship and barely had a slight arc. I tried the supersonic standing 2 left and 1 left and I had to throw it really good and slow everything down atleast 1 mph. It had to be very smooth also. I got maybe 2-3" of oil flair on my ball on the first shot. 2nd shot about the same but not as much. After 4 shots the flare went to like 1" and barely get any oil. We were bowling bascially a Vacancy. I started with the super sonic and struggled with it because it was a little jumpy on the last few feet. 2nd game I pulled out a hustle ink and moved right 2-3 boards and threw 10 to 9 and in. I had hold if I threw it a tad left and if I threw it right even a board it would hit extremely light if it hit the pocket. 3rd game, the ball gave me maybe 1-2 boards if that more hook. In the 2nd game, the 2nd-3rd time I threw the ball, I didn't get any oil on the ball. I did get oil the first time and maybe 1/2" flare.

I didn't see anyone at the bowling alley get any kind of hook out of any ball. meaning no ball shot right of 10 came back. Atleast not a ball thrown left to right. i ball straight up 5 slow could hook.

The very good players shot like 13-15 to 10-11 and in. Just a slight bump in the middle. The last game I had all X and 2 7 pins (light hits) all the way to the 10th frame. bacially 4x then 9- then 3 or 3 more x then 7 pin again. then a bucket because missed the head pin to the right.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
So the question is, if there was a game 4 or game 5 how would you deal with it? Move left a little with the hustle and don't throw it out past 10 because the backend reaction died from the start of the 3rd game until the end. I couldn't tell the ball motion of it going down the lane because of the black color. I couldn't tell if it was dieing out or what but the ending was flat. ? ball down to urethane?
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I went yesterday to bowl. 2 teams bowled. 2 people were missing and 4 people per team all with low averages. I brought my strong equipment to see what I might add to my bag for today. I brought a ripped, guru supreme and a hammer bad intentions. I threw on 10 or 11 out to 8 or 9 and ended up hitting the 3 pin. absolutely no hook at all, didn't move with the bad intentions. I grabbed the ripped and tried to swing it out and in and couldn't ever get it to come back. Same with the guru supreme. I ended up with 126 or something the first game (but not trying that hard). 2nd game I said the hell with it and I am going to see what I could do on the pattern and grabbed the hustle and shot 232 going straight up 10. that is why I knew I needed to switch today to that ball from what was on the lane yesterday. Then went back trying to get a hook out of something and got 161 or something. alot of that was good spare shooting.

User avatar
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 1443
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by bowl1820 » December 6th, 2019, 2:57 pm

TL;DR:
Krava struggles on different patterns because he won't move off the track.
krava wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:34 am
Short version: Lane seemed to have Light oil and LONG probably 45 feet. Oil was probably oiled 3-3 or 5-5 or something. Alot of hold on the inside and nothing on the outside. There is almost no backend reaction at all.
On a long pattern you usually want to play closer to the head pin. Using the exit point formula on a 45' pattern the ball should be exiting the oil about the 14 board at 45'.
I might have been 10 to 8 with a factory finish storm rocketship and barely had a slight arc.
I tried the supersonic standing 2 left and 1 left
2nd game I pulled out a hustle ink and moved right 2-3 boards and threw 10 to 9 and in.
This is a example of a consistent problem you have that shows in almost every post, which everyone has told you about many times You won't move off the track. No matter what pattern it is, You always play somewhere around the 10 board.
The very good players shot like 13-15 to 10-11 and in. Just a slight bump in the middle.
That should have told you something, MOVE off the track! They moved in and were playing closer to the headpin, Why didn't you do that?. They didn't move right and slow roll it up the 5 board to let it try to hook in.
The last game I had all X and 2 7 pins (light hits) all the way to the 10th frame. bacially 4x then 9- then 3 or 3 more x then 7 pin again. then a bucket because missed the head pin to the right.
Okay so the track burned up enough by the last game so your ball started to work a little. You threw away the first two waiting for that.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
So the question is, if there was a game 4 or game 5 how would you deal with it? Move left a little with the hustle and don't throw it out past 10 because the backend reaction died from the start of the 3rd game until the end. I couldn't tell the ball motion of it going down the lane because of the black color. I couldn't tell if it was dieing out or what but the ending was flat. ? ball down to urethane?
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
What does knowing how to play a theoretical 4th or 5th game have to do with the problem you had with the first two games?

I went yesterday to bowl. 2 teams bowled. 2 people were missing and 4 people per team all with low averages. I brought my strong equipment to see what I might add to my bag for today. I brought a ripped, guru supreme and a hammer bad intentions. I threw on 10 or 11 out to 8 or 9 and ended up hitting the 3 pin. absolutely no hook at all, didn't move with the bad intentions.
Okay different day, pattern is probably totally different and There you go "I threw on 10 or 11 out to 8 or 9" back at the track again.
I grabbed the ripped and tried to swing it out and in and couldn't ever get it to come back. Same with the guru supreme. I ended up with 126 or something the first game (but not trying that hard).
Okay you threw aggressive balls out to the dry and they blew up and didn't come back, no surprise there.
2nd game I said the hell with it and I am going to see what I could do on the pattern and grabbed the hustle and shot 232 going straight up 10.


"I am going to see what I could do on the pattern" So what did you do? changed balls and play the track AGAIN! That wasn't seeing what you could do with the pattern, That was just changing ball and getting lucky.
that is why I knew I needed to switch today to that ball from what was on the lane yesterday. Then went back trying to get a hook out of something and got 161 or something. alot of that was good spare shooting.
You have the same problem a lot of players have, you want to just change balls so you can sit on the track every game and never move. But by the time you find the ball that let's you do that , you've probably threw away a bunch of frames and games.

That and you think ball X that worked yesterday or last week is the ball that will work next time.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 6th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Well said
Stacy

User avatar
MegaMav
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4528
Joined: April 27th, 2007, 5:00 am
THS Average: 230
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.25 Over 5/8 Up
Speed: 15.25 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - The Closer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswck - Forest Quantum
Light Oil Ball: DV8 - Poison Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies
Location: Malta, NY

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by MegaMav » December 6th, 2019, 5:02 pm

bowl1820 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 2:57 pm
TL;DR:
Krava struggles on different patterns because he won't move off the track.
:lol: Shocker.
“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh

krava
Probation
Probation
Posts: 1155
Joined: March 18th, 2016, 12:43 am
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by krava » December 7th, 2019, 8:52 am

I am going to have to disagree with some of this.

bowl1820 wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:57 am
TL;DR:
Krava struggles on different patterns because he won't move off the track.

I have no probably moving. I can play anywhere on the lane from inside of 5 to 4th arrow. I will say this, I will struggle like hell, if I have to keep the ball from going right of 10 (playing 3rd or 4th arrow). If I don't have that room from 8-10 then there will be a problem. I still look at the bottom of the 6 pin to the right and that is where I first start. If I need to keep the ball inside of 10, then I need to start looking to the left side of the 6 pin or even go to the 3 pin.

There was nothing out there to prove that it was actually 45 feet. The lane man said it was the normal house shot (which is 40 feet). if it was 45 feet and any volume of oil out there that was significant, I know the PL-31. I would have started there with the super sonic. At where the lane marker starts on the right side, if I got the ball directly over it with about 15.6 or so on the monitor, my ball got to the pocket decently. If I would have moved to lets say 13 and went up 13 the ball would have gone through the face or slightly brooklyn. Also look up the Hustle INK ball. it shows you where to play on what condition. That ball isn't made to go 15 to 10 and in. It is more of a track area ball. I would be much better using like my storm match solid drilled for low flare on that condition going closer toward the pocket. (which I didn't have but will take next time in case this happens again).

I haven't posted anything like this one before. I posted one maybe a year ago because a lane machine broke or something or a part of it and put heavy oil almost all the way to the pins. I didn't figure out what to do until the last game and pulled out a scandal and went close to straight up 13 and shot in the 250's. But there was oil out there, The lane had too light of a volume of oil on it and to me or longer then usual, or the backends weren't stripped of oil when cleaned.

I went to a different center tonight. I haven't been there but maybe twice. They had ladies travel league bowl from 6-9 and I got on the lanes after that. It was drier and the lanes hooked nicely and I wasn't in the track area to start. I was a little left of it. You can't stay in the same place for 7 games straight. My low game was game 3 which I tried to play straighter but in the middle of the lane 14-10. I missed the last 2 spares of the game by rushing and getting upset because my cousin was stringing strikes at the end and finally beat me in a game in the last 40+ games. Tonight is the weekend so they had loud music playing and half of the bowling alley lights off (i told them to give me some light since no one else was there but us).
Here is the results: (averaged 211 for 7 games with 1 game under 200 on a beat up pattern) Left more then my fair share of 10 pins, picked them all up except one in the last game which I missed to the right. Missed the 1 2 4 the first 2 times by trying to move right and make it go brooklyn and I chopped it twice. 2nd 2 times shot at it / shooting between 2nd and 3rd arrow on the left side and made it. The point of posting this paragraph is to prove that I don't have to stay in the track area or refuse to move from it. Personally I don't want to play the track area and I like 12 or 13 out to 8 and that is a lot more powerfull ball.

If this condition happens next week I am going to try the middle out to 10 approach or middle out to 11 and see what happens and report back. I don't want to move too far left because there was no hook almost. The further right you got on this pattern, the more hook you got. I might try straight up 5 before i do the middle. I don't think I was playing the wrong part of the lane though. My ball didn't have a dead roll or was burning up (it probably burned up on the last 2 shots of the 3rd game but other then that, it had maybe 5 feet of hook or half of that or something.


so we got to drop that I refuse to play any other part of the lane. I am very comfortable playing way right of 10 or slowing the ball slightly down even going 3rd arrow with a big sweeping hook. Playing a "tight line" at 3rd arrow I need to work on. I played where I thought I had the best ball reaction and the best chance of scoring. I shot 180 205 and 220. The 220 I missed a 10 pin in the middle and then left a bucket in the 10th and chopped the bucket because I didn't have the right slant throwing the spare and chopped 2 of the 4. I did the same thing in game 5 or 6 tonight. I made 3 or 4 pins of the bucket a few times tonight and chopped it once again in the 10th again.

so the question still remains what do you do on that pattern for games 4-? (you can't pull out heavy equipment with strong surface because the lanes were too low of volume) The hustle was burning up so you can move left but then have to tighten the angles in. But at some point in time in a game or two, that ball wouldn't be usable any more and I think the only option after that is urethane.

Think about how, how many times have you seen a very light volume of oil and LONG. Something just doesn't add up there. Its probably light oil and unstripped backends. The people that did do well. (one guy with 233 average and bowls 4 days a week, and another a former or current PBA pro and proshop manager which both usually start out at the 3rd arrow where the only 2 in 2 leagues to bowl real well (around 680). I didn't see them bowl until we were done. I was looking around to see if anyone could get the ball to hook and then saw what they did. I know I am rambling on but my rev rate has went up 100 or so when I am throwing the ball correctly and I can't get the ball to move much at all. I am not used to that. Before it was because I wasn't throwing the ball right but I know and can feel when I throw it right. I threw it right today.

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 7th, 2019, 4:27 pm

1. You don’t know what the track is. It’s the 13-8 area

2. You don’t know how to practice. Why on earth are you playing 7 games for score on burnt up lanes? Work on something!

3. Learn to lower your ball speed. You can’t expect the ball to hook if you’re throwing it almost 16 mph if you don’t have any hand. Slow down to 14mph so you can swing the ball, not 13-8.
Stacy

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 7th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Watch Eric’s video, his THS shots he’s laying it down at 20 and getting it to 10 and some to 7. Notice the ball speed, he’s not firing it down there. On the sport shot, look how he’s moved the break point in. He’s soft with it, and can still recover at 10 while crossing the 4th arrow.

Stacy

krava
Probation
Probation
Posts: 1155
Joined: March 18th, 2016, 12:43 am
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by krava » December 8th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the video with the closer I will watch it a few times. I saw it once already but I will study that. It is hard to find fresh lanes to bowl on, I personally think fresh lanes are too easy and want something harder. A broken down house shot (one that isn't completely dry where the ball doesn't do anything), makes it more challenging. [there is no use to try to bowl on a lane that has no reaction on it other then doing drills ] BAF bowling alley has a special on fridays 9-11 all you can bowl for $10. So might as well bowl as much as possible if you can. When practicing, score is secondary. The main objective is not to "get lost". Not throw like a 240 game and then turn around and get 140. Never get lost in the transition of the lane. That is my objective when I bowl alot of games on a lane. Yesterday was practice with the swing, with the pushaway, with timing, with wrist position on the ball etc. I ned to stop time and do this for about 5-10 years to catch up if I could.

Here is another question. Now read the whole thing before you make an opinion. When I watched Norm duke throw the ball. When he gets in his stance you see him turn his wrist clockwise a little and then back, and then a second or two later he throws the ball. (tried to find a video but everytime i see him do it in a video something pops up on the screen and hard to see him do it). Anyway I watched him do that and I am saying to myself what kind of crazy crap is that. Lets fast forward to yesterday. I haven't concentrated as hard as I have before then yesterday. Usually after I get into the stance 5 seconds later or less I am gone. I was there 15-20 seconds or so after getting setup. Then I was making sure that my thumb wasnt't going to get stuck and I caught myself doing the exact same thing he is doing. take the ball twist it a bit and then go. I wasn't trying to copy him and I have no idea why I even did that but it felt right to get loose. My accuracy went from a C grade to a B i would say. (for taking the extra time and concentrating)

I will have to try to slow the ball down. I can slow it down 1 mph without altering the swing. If I slow it down any further swing height has to be lower in the backswing because the force of the ball will want to go faster the heigher up it is.

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 8th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Of course you don’t think it’s a challenge on the fresh, you’ve got all that free hold on the left and free hook on the outside. You’re a bad man on a THS when you roll the same 13-8 shot during league. What you haven’t shown is playing Zone B when that shot isn’t there. Do what Eric has suggested over and over, bring everything inside of 10 and control your speed.

Duke and Brian Voss and others hold the weight of the ball in their left hand to relax their right arm in the stance, keeps them loose.
Stacy

User avatar
imagonman
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: January 21st, 2017, 5:18 pm
Preferred Company: Brunswick
Location: Cleveland Ohio

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by imagonman » December 8th, 2019, 1:49 pm

krava wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:34 am

game 3 which I tried to play straighter but in the middle of the lane 14-10.
Sorry, that is NOT the middle of the lane. That's just the track AGAIN but a little dryer than normal.

User avatar
MegaMav
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4528
Joined: April 27th, 2007, 5:00 am
THS Average: 230
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.25 Over 5/8 Up
Speed: 15.25 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - The Closer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswck - Forest Quantum
Light Oil Ball: DV8 - Poison Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies
Location: Malta, NY

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by MegaMav » December 8th, 2019, 3:07 pm

44boyd wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 1:33 pm
Do what Eric has suggested over and over, bring everything inside of 10 and control your speed.
I'd enjoy seeing video of him trying.
It was something suggested to me by Parker Bohn III as a way to practice when only a blocked lane condition is available.
Strike with touch or pick up a ton of spares. Dont use the dry. Roll it softly, dont touch the finger holes. Dont pull down, dont grab it, nothing.

Level 2 of this is doing it with a low performance, low flaring ball.
“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh

User avatar
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 1443
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by bowl1820 » December 8th, 2019, 7:19 pm

krava wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 8:52 am
I have no probably moving.
(You meant to say no problem moving).
I can play anywhere on the lane from inside of 5 to 4th arrow. I will say this, I will struggle like hell, if I have to keep the ball from going right of 10 (playing 3rd or 4th arrow).
If I don't have that room from 8-10 then there will be a problem.
Okay then your like most house bowlers then, if you don't have a big bump area outside of the 10 board your dead in the water.
There was nothing out there to prove that it was actually 45 feet.

Well I wasn't there so I don't know, We can only go by what you post.
The lane man said it was the normal house shot (which is 40 feet).
At where the lane marker starts on the right side, if I got the ball directly over it with about 15.6 or so on the monitor, my ball got to the pocket decently.
Assuming your talking about the breakpoint markers downlane, The outside marker is on the 10 board and starts at 40 feet. If you hit that point (I'll assume the ball pushed to around the 8 board after that then turned) and your ball "got to the pocket decently", Then most likely the laneman was right and it was a 40' THS.
If I would have moved to lets say 13 and went up 13 the ball would have gone through the face or slightly brooklyn.
I could see that happening on a house shot.
Also look up the Hustle INK ball. it shows you where to play on what condition. That ball isn't made to go 15 to 10 and in. It is more of a track area ball.
It's not made to go 15 to 10?
Take a look at this, Luke is is rolling 2 inks from 18-20 to 10. Ink 1: Box surface, Ink 2: 2000 Abralon


The ball is not just made to roll up the track. What the ball websites tell you is not set stone!! Most if you read all the info will tell you if you change the surfaces etc. you can play different lines.
I went to a different center tonight. I haven't been there but maybe twice. They had ladies travel league bowl from 6-9 and I got on the lanes after that. It was drier and the lanes hooked nicely and I wasn't in the track area to start.
You weren't in the track to "start", meaning you moved into the track as it got even drier?
I was a little left of it.
Okay so not in the track, but pressed right up against it
You can't stay in the same place for 7 games straight.
True!
My low game was game 3 which I tried to play straighter but in the middle of the lane 14-10.
I assume the ladies leag. was 4 player teams and bowled 3 games, that means there was at least 12 games bowled on the lane before you started. Your 3rd game would be the 15th game. The track is about 13 to 8 so 14 to 10 is still pretty much in the track. That area would have most likely been depleted to dirt. I can see that being your lowest game.

Here is the results: (averaged 211 for 7 games with 1 game under 200 on a beat up pattern) Left more then my fair share of 10 pins, picked them all up except one in the last game which I missed to the right. Missed the 1 2 4 the first 2 times by trying to move right and make it go brooklyn and I chopped it twice. 2nd 2 times shot at it / shooting between 2nd and 3rd arrow on the left side and made it.
The point of posting this paragraph is to prove that I don't have to stay in the track area or refuse to move from it.
Nothing about that really proved that. This paragraph just shows you bowled 7 games, one below 200 and you moved to shoot spares.
Personally I don't want to play the track area and I like 12 or 13 out to 8 and that is a lot more powerfull ball.
That's a total contradiction, 12 or 13 out to 8 IS the Track area. So if you like playing there, you like playing the track.

so we got to drop that I refuse to play any other part of the lane.
Fine by me
I played where I thought I had the best ball reaction and the best chance of scoring.
That's what you got do if it works for you.

Your averaging over 200 on a league THS so it must being working there, Just remember what works on the THS won't necessarily work Tournament/Sport patterns.

.
Think about how, how many times have you seen a very light volume of oil and LONG.
I've been bowling for 30+ years, I've seen it and plenty of others you've never seen.
Something just doesn't add up there. Its probably light oil and unstripped backends.

Then lanes would play long and that's how you would have to approach them.
The people that did do well. (one guy with 233 average and bowls 4 days a week, and another a former or current PBA pro and proshop manager which both usually start out at the 3rd arrow where the only 2 in 2 leagues to bowl real well (around 680)..

As said earlier where they started says a lot you just got hear what was said.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."

boomer
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: October 5th, 2012, 3:47 pm
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by boomer » December 10th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Krava - the reason we typically say that you stay in the track is that you routinely say that you bowl somewhere between 10-13 out to 8-9 - and that is the typical track on any normal house shot.

That's where most people bowl.

And when you say you're flexible - it sounds funny to me because you actually STATE that you go back to your normal 10-13 to 8-9. When I say I'm flexible, that means I have three distinct lines. I don't just swap balls and go to the same line - it means I have three lines that I'm fairly comfortable with and I will use all three of my balls on each of them. That means I have in excess of 9 options (ish . . . ) But when you say it, you don't actually seem to mean anything close to that.

I get that you're trying - but in practice, seriously, don't look at numbers. Look at being able to develop a line that you hadn't considered before. If you have no time for practice, drop a league for a bit.

Don't worry about SCORES. I have a number of people in my league that outscore me but can't do diddly unless the shot is what they are comfortable with. Grind something out? That 220 drops to 160.

krava
Probation
Probation
Posts: 1155
Joined: March 18th, 2016, 12:43 am
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by krava » December 11th, 2019, 5:58 am

Boomer what 3 lines do you have? You know my first one. I have a line straight up or inside of 5 with a burnt house shot. I also have 3rd arrow when the lanes are dried out in the track area and there isn't carry down in the middle. I do need to develop the shot that bowl1820 was talking about which is the middle small bump one. I don't know how to practice it unless I put down a long pattern.

The Hustle I have is drilled pin down and made to go long and then smooth arcing. You can probably easly drill the ball stronger and play in the middle. I was refering to the promotion tools that rotogrip put out for that ball. https://www.rotogrip.com/balls/hustleink that shows where they state the ball should play in. Put it to medium and heavy and you will see it in the track area. You could probably use it elsewhere but that is what they say and I agree with them after seeing what my ball does or atleast for the drill I have on that ball.

44boyd: I am going to try what you suggested. I will see if I can get some lanes and bring everything inside of 10. Would that work on a pattern that 4-5 people bowled 3 games or does it need to be fresh?

I looked at some video on youtube and saw that the new track is now all the way from 8-14. I didn't know this until a few days ago. I thought the track was 10 and nothing other then that.

The only reason I showed the score picture is because my cousin had them print out the scores. I didn't ask for them. he wanted to rub it in my face that he beat me. (he is averaging 136 on thursday) so you can see why he did that. I would to if I were him probably.

I went bowling Monday because that is the only time I can have access to a fresh house shot. I was hoping they would put the same pattern or condition down as thursday so I can get another practice shot on it. I had to wait for the buffer lanes to become available after the Monday league that I quit. I had no practice shots and did 3 games.

Result is this:


That is the reason I don't like fresh house shots. I know I sent 2 balls wide right and still hit the pocket with one striking and one leaving a 10 pin. Accuracy wasn't all that good in my opinion. There is still alot of work still with timing, swing etc. 1st 2 balls were 4 pins and then had to move 2 boards left (left a solid 8 solid 9 and then rest 10 pins). I rushed through those games because I wanted to go home and upset I didn't have the other condition and also I used my 2nd string stuff which was a GB3 which I haven't had success with before because it likes to start early compared to the rocketship. I didn't want to use my good stuff because I need to teach some people a lesson on Wednesday. I have paid atleast 10 times a year for other people to sub for me. The first time I sub'd in my life, I get attitude from the secretary of the league saying they don't need people subbing they need people joining. So I got asked by the same people on Thurs which bowls WED too. They go against the secretary woman, which her team is in first place and she has the 2 best bowlers in that league on her team.

Anyway bowl1820 this one is for you. Which pattern do you suggest I bowl on. I am going to pay for the lane to be done since it is time and will do it sunday. I recommend the US open shot. I haven't ever tried that, I have tried the USBC championships but what about the US open? or do you want me to try a long pattern? I wanted to try the US open to see if I could average 190 for 5 games.

Or I can put out a house shot, bowl 2 games 1st arrow, 2 games 3rd or 4th arrow.

Or take a burnt house shot and just use a plastic ball? Give me some suggestions.

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 11th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Krava that is a perfect example of the mental block you have on moving. You’re a league bowler, you bowl on fresh conditions. You do not need a burnt up lane to play different lines. LEARN to bowl on the fresh, bust out your Conspiracy and try to replicate the line Eric played in his video. Lay it down on 20 and get it out to 10 or 8 at the breakpoint. Other things you could do is play a game of horse, it’s where you try to strike from every arrow (you can just go 1,2,3,4). Other things that can be done, play a game with every strike ball thrown choose a speed and try to replicate it. You bowl 15.5, try 15.0, 14.5, 14.0, 16.0 etc.. So many things can be practice instead of doing the same bread and butter you do every time.
Stacy

44boyd
Member
Member
Posts: 560
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 3:10 am
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick
Location: Valrico Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by 44boyd » December 11th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Stacy

User avatar
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 1443
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by bowl1820 » December 12th, 2019, 12:40 am

krava wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 5:58 am
The only reason I showed the score picture is because my cousin had them print out the scores. I didn't ask for them. he wanted to rub it in my face that he beat me. (he is averaging 136 on thursday) so you can see why he did that. I would to if I were him probably.
This apparently wasn't a "practice" session since you were spotting him 85 pins handicap you were out there bowling for score and most likely wanted to show him up. Now He only beat you with that handicap, You beat him scratch 6 games out of 7.
I went bowling Monday because that is the only time I can have access to a fresh house shot. I was hoping they would put the same pattern or condition down as thursday so I can get another practice shot on it..

Okay you learned a lesson here. The conditions you bowl on last week won't necessarily be the same this week, especially when it's a totally different day.(Monday is not Thursday).

Also this is a example of the mental game, You had a bad attitude because You didn't get the conditions "You" wanted so you rushed because you didn't want to bowl on it.(Well that happens quite abit in bowling get use to it. You take what you get and try to make the best of it.)

As for "I used my 2nd string stuff." so you didn't bring the "Good" equipment, you still shot 753 scratch! Maybe you should have looked at this as my 2nd string equipment turned out to be the right equipment for the conditions you encountered and that might be what you need to use if you encounter them again.
I need to teach some people a lesson on Wednesday.
Hmm I would watch out, Arrogance has been the downfall of many players.
Anyway bowl1820 this one is for you. Which pattern do you suggest I bowl on.
I have no suggestions, I think 44boyd gave you some good advice.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."

boomer
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: October 5th, 2012, 3:47 pm
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by boomer » December 12th, 2019, 3:41 am

Krava - I've posted my three main shots before - and I've given you a good, solid method to practice some lines.

My A is about what you typically throw. Foot on 20, cross arrow about 10, flare around 8.
My B (if the lanes feel dry) - move left to 5 and either cross 10 or 15 and watch what it does.
My C (if the lanes are wet) - move right and roll straight down 5 board (which means my feet are about 5 + 7 = 12 - ish).

all - adjust to fit and check balls to fit.

Lately, these have changed as my knee has been deteriorating and any available ball speed has piddled away.

krava
Probation
Probation
Posts: 1155
Joined: March 18th, 2016, 12:43 am
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by krava » December 13th, 2019, 7:46 am

thanks 44 boyd I will try the 7 arrows thing. I mentioned it before when I saw the brad and kyle blog talk about it. I will need a fresh lane with no carry down to do that.

User avatar
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 1443
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Proper lane play on this one condition

Post by bowl1820 » December 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm

krava wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 7:46 am
thanks 44 boyd I will try the 7 arrows thing. I mentioned it before when I saw the brad and kyle blog talk about it. I will need a fresh lane with no carry down to do that.
You don't necessarily need a fresh lane with no carry down to do that drill. In fact you'd probably be better off not knowing what the conditions were, It would force you to learn to read the lane and your ball reactions to what you found.

Most of the time a player doesn't know what the conditions are before hand and even if they know what pattern was put out., that doesn't guarantee how it's going to play at that house or that day.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."

Post Reply