Your own personal favorite fitness resources ?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Your own personal favorite fitness resources ?

Post by kajmk » November 11th, 2019, 6:17 pm

I've posted a few I've used, but that's a function of my perspective and opinions

I think our community would be grateful if you'd share yours. The goal is to help as many folks as possible no matter their age or state of fitness. We all start from somewhere.
You never know who you will encourage and help improve their life.

Help grow the sport ...

Thanks in advance!
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John

SomyP
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: Your own personal favorite fitness resources ?

Post by SomyP » November 20th, 2019, 5:28 pm

I believe that your own body is more than enough to be fit. To start I will outline a workout below designed with the bowler in mind. This is all bodyweight and the only equipment needed are a pullup bar, and two of your bowling balls.

Warm up with 30 seconds of high knees. Rest for 20 seconds
Do 15 jumping jacks. Rest for 20 seconds
Body weight squats. 3 sets of 12 reps
Lunges. 3 sets of 12 reps
Plank. 3 sets. Hold for 35 seconds each set
Pushups. 3 sets of 12 reps.
Lying hip raise/bridge. 3 sets of 12
This is where your bowling balls come into play. Grip them by the holes and perform slow reps of a stiff leg deadlift. Just 2 sets of 12.
Finish with as many pullups or chinups as you can.
For cardio, bowl as many games as you can afford or have time for during the week. Or simply walk about 5-10 miles a day.

Not too difficult and fairly manageable and affordable. I use 12 because that's how many strikes are in a perfect game. And 3 sets because we bowl 3 games in a set.Unconsciously, I created a workout program designed to get you into thinking of throwing the best 12 shots of every game.

It is easy to slack on a workout like this. Keep your focus as you would bowling to win a game. I've worked out similar to how I've designed my program. And this season I should finish close to a 220 average. The highest I'll average ever.

Of course clean up your nutrition and get plenty of sleep and water. Trust me, I've been following my own advice and I havent had a set below 630 for about 2 months now.