pro shop in northern az?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

tommyd451

pro shop in northern az?

Post by tommyd451 » October 17th, 2019, 3:04 pm

My brother lives in the mts. of az.,showlow to be exact.I want to buy him a new ball and I'm looking for a shop to sent him to for fitting and a ball.
He really doesn't want to go the 3 hrs down to the valley just for a bowling ball.
thanks

44boyd
THS Average: 188
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: pro shop in northern az?

Post by 44boyd » October 17th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Hard to recommend with such detail of what city is near by. Like if you said near Flaggstaff or Kingman would help.
Stacy

tommyd451

Post by tommyd451 » October 17th, 2019, 4:37 pm

He is in showlow,az.
Almost 3hrs south to Phoenix and 2.5hrs west to flagstaff.
Bowling seems almost nonexistent in this area.One small lanes in showlow and nothing else unless you go all the way to phoenix.
I guess I'm just trying to pull a rabbit out of my hat as long as I'm here visiting.

44boyd
THS Average: 188
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by 44boyd » October 17th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Is the small lanes Ponderosa?
Stacy

tommyd451

Post by tommyd451 » October 17th, 2019, 10:37 pm

yup
no pro shop there

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk » October 18th, 2019, 1:38 am

Going about this a different way, grasping at straws, so to speak.
Try using ball company pro shop locators.
For example
https://www.stormbowling.com/find-a-pro-shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebonite.com/locator.html?radius=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.trackbowling.com/locator.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John

tommyd451

Post by tommyd451 » October 18th, 2019, 3:21 pm

He's going to check around town and see if there is anyone who can at least measure him.Then he can order online if he has to.
Other option would be to wait until he goes to visit his daughter in phoenix and get it done correctly.
Anyway thanks for the help.

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk » October 18th, 2019, 4:09 pm

One of the things I did was plot the nearby "larger cities" for both bowling centers and pro shops. I was unable to do a search on the IBPSIA website, it's a members only thing.

Additionally
I would recommend that prior to traveling to any pro shop in any other town, you first call up pro shops there and explain the situation. You can also ask for recommendations in the targeted cities. You may also stumble upon someone who can recommend someone closer.
Be that as it may, the weather is cooling off in the hotter parts of the state, it won't shorten the journey, but it will be more comfortable.

All ball companies have a contact link, just for fun, try writing to them. It's a big country with many bowler's facing the same constraints.

Our hand will change over time and bowling can also change the hand, thus some experts advise a bowler have his grip reassessed periodically. Flexibility is one of the things that can change and thus warrant tweaking the grip.

You can self educate to an "extent" on the basics of a good fit and what irritations and red flags indicate.

Once again, good luck in your quest.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John