An intro. Part Two.

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

b3y0nd3r
Preferred Company: motiv

An intro. Part Two.

Post by b3y0nd3r »

It was September, 2018. My friend wanted me to join his bowling league. According to what I was told, it was the second oldest in the country.

I lost a lot of weight by this time and was feeling really well plus I wanted to help him out, So I said, "Why not". In the way of gear, I had the black hammer left which had too many divots to be effective and all other balls were cracked or lost. My arsenal was in shambles. My shoes no longer fit well. It was time to gear up.

My first ball for this go around was an orange and green Rhino pearl. I got new shoes and I was ready. My first couple of weeks I ended up with a 129 average.

I began to study bowling. Watching PBA tornies, how to vids, ball reviews, and anything I could. I started practicing 2-3 times a week and my average went up slowly.

I started buying all kinds of balls and carriers:
Two ball carrier
three ball carrier
I bought a tropical breeze Kona Blue for $10.
Villain Scorn
Purple Hammer
Destiny Pearl
Shadow Ops
Looking in the shed, I found my first ball I had the plastic trac master from Brunswick. It had spiders living in it, but it was in good shape for sitting in a shed for 10 plus years.
I just got these two:
Particle hammer Spike HPT
Brunswick Power Groove Asym

I now carry a 169 in league average.

AND here I am. Trying to further improve.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: An intro. Part Two.

Post by JohnP »

Welcome to Bowlingchat and back to bowling. When you have questions or other assistance ask here and some of the best in the business will provide help. And, above all, have fun bowling. -- JohnP
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: An intro. Part Two.

Post by kajmk »

JohnP wrote:Welcome to Bowlingchat and back to bowling. When you have questions or other assistance ask here and some of the best in the business will provide help. And, above all, have fun bowling. -- JohnP

Ditto!

A few tidbits, be sure to check out the forums wiki via the button above top right.
Big key to bowling success is being a good spare shooter.
This short video is a very informative and helpful presentation by Ray Wong.
It contains a very simple, portable, effective, set of guidelines for converting spares.
Elite bowler's practice spares, so should we all.
Ray's video,
[youtube][/youtube]

Another big key to bowling success is actually knowing what you look like when you bowl.
There will be times when something feels different.
Different can be good or bad.
Anyone with a smartphone can take, retain, study, video, work with a friend.
Here are instructions on how to create useful video

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, the wiki is a treasure trove of very good information, check it out.

Consider adding your location and perhaps an avatar to your profile, perhaps a name in your signature, does not have to be real, but names best mnemonic strings.

I hope you are back to stay and enjoy yourself beyond your wishes
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John