2 handed bowling timing

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

2 handed bowling timing

Post by turbotwister »

When bowling 1 handed,the ball has to be in a certain location with your steps through the release....is it the same with 2 handed bowling?
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: 2 handed bowling timing

Post by kajmk »

turbotwister -
Here is video prepared by Jim Merrell it is in the Two Handed Delivery of the Coaching section of the wiki.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... y_elements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Post by boomer »

turbotwister wrote:When bowling 1 handed,the ball has to be in a certain location with your steps through the release....is it the same with 2 handed bowling?
Short answer, yes.

:)

Main answer - yes. The whole point is balance and rhythm. We are a machine with joints, actuators (muscles) and beams (bones) - in order to get them all working together (rhythm) so we don't fall over (balance) and so we deliver the ball properly the ball should be in certain places at certain times. If you watch some of JMerrel's coaching on it, he touches on it. You can see slo-mo videos of Belmo - his biomechanics are smooth and really pretty (not his hair or his beard - those have been travesties! LOL J/K)

They're actually similar - difference is in body position because you're holding the ball in two hands.
turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

Post by turbotwister »

thanks for the responses....
poem58

Post by poem58 »

I found timing easier when I switched to two handed. I was 57 yrs old when I made the switch. I have slow ball speed and did when I was one handed. The difference i find is moving vertically on the lane. I can move up the lane or if i need more speed, I can move back on the lane. Moving back gives me more steps and time to accelerate my approach. I could not do this one handed. I had to take the thumb out of the ball for pain reasons in my right arm and bowling is still fun even though my average is not great ... yet.