Just bought a Storm HyRoad

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

markkuhn

Just bought a Storm HyRoad

Post by markkuhn »

I think my arsenal is now complete. Can't wait to try it out!
markkuhn

Re: Just bought a Storm HyRoad

Post by markkuhn »

Okay, first time out rolled a 653. What great ball, no wonder why it's been in production for 10 years.
vicsmyth

Re: Just bought a Storm HyRoad

Post by vicsmyth »

I just bought my 3rd Storm Hyroad. After struggling this year and shooting 100 pins under average (for the series) for 3 weeks in a row I brought my Hyroad scuffed with a 2000 abralon pad. Shot 720 and 676 (I normally average 650). I have an older Hyroad that matches up well at another house I bowl at. I just bought a 3rd one that I will store until needed. The great thing about the Hyroad is that if you clean them after each outing they seem to last forever without degrading. The out of the box polished finish can be a little too skid-flippy for me, so I usually hit the surface with a grey Scotchbrite pad just to knock the polish off, then just let lane shine build up or adjust the surface with an abralon pad.

Another great benchmark ball for dry lanes that I've owned 3 of and that's been around forever is the Storm Tropical Breeze, the Kona Blue and Carbon/Chrome pearl version (they renamed it recently to Storm Breeze and those colors may be discontinued).