Hammer equivalent to Storm Hy Road?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

markkuhn

Hammer equivalent to Storm Hy Road?

Post by markkuhn »

Any opinions?
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: Hammer equivalent to Storm Hy Road?

Post by krava »

hammer web tour edition. I don't like that it is sanded surface but the shape of it it the same, "continious backend"
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

The Web Tour is a great ball but I would compare it more to an IQ Tour.

Of their current lineup maybe the Onyx Vibe...
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

IQ tour and hy road is close to the same shape isn't it? I think they have the same core or something. Same as like the rocketship and Timeless.

https://www.ballreviews.com/storm/iq-to ... 90b6ipp5h4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the difference from what they say but it is close to me. one is better on the front, another is better in the middle etc.

But I agree the web tour is probably like the iq tour. I just place iq tour just a tad stronger then the hy-road.

There isn't anything really simular to the hy-road and that is why the hy-road has been out for 10 years or however long. I think i got mine in 2005 but I could be wrong. Out of every ball I got, the closest I have to that hyroad is a storm rocketship. Both of those are really close. A Rotogrip Hustle has the same shape but needs less oil then those 2

I think the onyx vibe would react like the hustle. bowlingball.com rates it 129. a Hy-road is a bit higher up there. The hammer web tour is a bit higher on the end though. I think a hy-road is 175 or so and the web is 219 which makes it probalby stronger. The onyx vibe has a continuous backend like the hy-road. I believe we might be wrong. The web tour is probably a ball up of the hy-road used for a little heavier oil and the onyx vibe is good for lighter oil and a ball down from the hy-road.

The disel torque is closer to the bowlingball.com number RG same as hy-road , diff is just tad lower, same shape. The web tour is way off and 1/2 of that of the hy-road (didn't look at specs when looking them up, just looked at the shape and BB number). Vibe has close to same RG and diff as the disel torque but weaker.
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Post by RobMautner »

Simply put: no.